Gen 4 34 MOS tall sights holster trouble

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MoreMonkeyThanMan, Nov 12, 2015.

1. MoreMonkeyThanMan

MoreMonkeyThanMan

i am looking for an enterprising fellow to help me find the perfect holster for my gun.

i really like the retention method of the 5.11 tactical thumbdrive, but i was curious if the sight channel would accommodate my suppressor height sights which are ameriglo gl-429 "tall black set for suppressor use (item GL-404 + GST-315)Flat Black rear (.394”) and serrated front .315” x .090”"

i have emailed 5.11 with my question and plan to post their response here.

i am also waiting on the trijicon mos screw kit to arrive. i placed my order through opticsplanet. When i called trijicon to inquire as to when the part would become available again they said they should have screws of the correct thread and height tolerances delivered to them in about a month's time.

2. MoreMonkeyThanMan

MoreMonkeyThanMan

from 5.11 tactical CS:

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to 5.11 Tactical Inc., unfortunately in this case the thumb drive holsters are very model specific so I do not believe it will fit your model. I am very sorry for the inconvenience but I will be happy to pass along your inquiry to our product managers for future consideration in this line.

3. MoreMonkeyThanMan

MoreMonkeyThanMan

i just got as call from blade tech about this issue and they stated that the 5.11 thumbdrive holster has a sight channel that is about .25 inches deep

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  4. MoreMonkeyThanMan

MoreMonkeyThanMan

The last hope I have of getting a thumb release active retention holster without shelling out the dough for the safari land pro model :http://www.safariland.com/duty-gear...-holster-for-red-dot-optic-DG_18.html#start=1
    which i cant afford.

is the houge ARS stage one: https://www.hogueinc.com/store/prod...-18-22-31-37-right-hand-holster-cf-weave/8101

i have a line out to their customer service dept to determine the sight channel depth and to see if the mold for the 17 can be extended to cover the barrel of my 34.

they said they would let me know on monday....

5. MoreMonkeyThanMan

MoreMonkeyThanMan

6. MoreMonkeyThanMan

MoreMonkeyThanMan

i went with the 578 gls. i never heard back from houge ( at least not yet) it should be here in the next week or so i will post a couple pics of the fit once i get it in

7. MoreMonkeyThanMan

MoreMonkeyThanMan

8. MoreMonkeyThanMan

MoreMonkeyThanMan

The new holster is very comfortable and has plenty of clearance for my RMR at the top and a tall sight channel. feels good to draw the weapon and the GLS is very secure.

i hope my search helps some of you !

the holster was 35.38 on amazon (not prime) but has already increased since i placed my order to 44 on prime