close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen.4 26 accuracy and review

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by .556, Jan 1, 2011.

1. .556

I took my newly acquired Glock 26 Gen 4 out for a spin today. I wanted to test the reliability of the 26, as well as accuracy. Knowing that some of the early Gen 4's had problems with weak ammo, I decided to buy some of the weakest ammo I could find to run through it. I ran 100 rounds of Federal Champion and 100 rounds of Winchester White Box through it with absolutely no problems.

The grip on the Generation 4 26 is a big improvement IMO. I ran it without the optional backstraps installed, and it fit my hand like a glove. The RTF of the Gen 4's feel perfect to me as well. It is not too aggressive, but aggressive enough to keep a good grip on the gun if it were wet, palms sweaty, ect. The mag release is also a nice improvement IMO. It is easily manipulated now with the increased size.

The accuracy of this little pistol was surprising. We have all heard cases where shooters shoot the G26 as well as the full sized models, and that was the case here as well. Recoil was controllable and quick follow up shots were no problem. The pictures of my target are below.

The target was a 20 SHOT group from 10 yards.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

The 26 is one of my favorite Glocks. Congrats on your Gen4 26.

3. Quail Fat

Quail Fat Member

If you slowly manually cycle your Gen4 Glock 26 do the rounds sometimes get snagged sliding up the breech-face and into the claw of the extractor?

I bought one today, I have not shot it, however manually cycling ammo through it I noticed it wasn't smooth, as if the extractor had too much tension.

I replaced the LCI extractor with a non-LCI extractor along with the non-LCI spring loaded bearing and the difference is significant.

With the non-LCI extractor I can slowly cycle rounds through the pistol without any snags.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  4. glockvit

glockvit Glock Sportsman

Wow! brand new and you have to change out parts for it to function smoothly? This is not appealing at all.

5. Sonnytoo

Sonnytoo

When a fellow has 11 yrs and 4,000 posts on this site, I will listen carefully to what he says.
    S2

6. chukb

chukb

meh, he's just over analyzing it. mine was perfect at range and I didn't mess with anything.

7. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX

Why don't you shoot it first before changing out parts?

8. stengun

stengun

Oopps

Paul

9. eazyrhino

eazyrhino

Glad to hear your positive review. I got my 3rd.g new 26 for Christmas. I put it on layaway but to my surprise my wife went into the gun store to purchase one for my present and the guys said "well Joe came in last week and put money down on it. (I got busted!)"My wife said " well I'm hear to pay the balance then and take it home to wrap." They 're great people to deal with.They all kept this a secret from me. But the main reason I put it on layaway was they are getting all g4s in all models. And I wanted to make sure I could get a 3rd.g to match my 3rd.g 17 as they only had two 26s left. Otherwise I would've bought the g4 26. Joe. BTW my 26 rocks so for only 200 rds. but functioned as I expected (PERFECT)

10. Clay1

Clay1

The gun was not designed to load a round slowly. This is a mistake with any auto. You let the slide go forward full strength while loading a round. When my gun is empty, I prefer not to slam the slide closed so there I ease it into the closed/locked position. Learn to manipulate the slide without riding it back down to the locked position. You are fixing an issue that doesn't exist.

Rick

11. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

You don't shoot it, but you 'think' something is wrong, so you replace parts you 'think' are defective? Interesting and not sure was necessary. :faint:

:wavey:

red

12. Quail Fat

Quail Fat Member

I went ahead and re-installed the original Gen4 parts, I figured I need to give the gun a chance before I jump to hasty conclusions. More than likely the gun will run 100% stock. Tomorrow I'm putting 250 rounds downrange to "break it in" and see what happens. Glock 26s are some of the least problematic Glocks so I'm not expecting anything unusual.

Currently the gun is sitting with the slide locked back. I do this will all of my new Glocks for 72 hours prior to shooting them.

13. Quail Fat

Quail Fat Member

With my first Gen Glock 17 I can very slowly manipulate the slide, chamber, eject, chamber, eject without any snags. The gun is so smooth it's as if I'm simply jacking the slide back and forth without a magazine inserted.

With the gen4 Glock 26 doing the above will cause the slide to stop resulting in me having to assist the slide with my thumb. But yeah, shooting the gun is a different animal and I'm not concerned that it will function.

John Nowlin (RIP) American Pistolsmith Guild member, would S-L-O-W-L-Y feed a magazine of brass only. He told me if your gun could hand-cycle feed a magazine of spent cases, then your gun will feed anything.

14. LoopysGlock

LoopysGlock NRA Member

Congrats on your 26gen4. Did you order yours, or did your local shop have one already? No one in my area has received any and won't for quite some time.

15. glockguerilla

glockguerilla

Congrats! The 26 is one sweet piece! Thanks for sharing.

16. Melissa5

Melissa5

Congrats! I like to hear about the Gen4 guns working the way they should.

17. den888

den888

18. Clay1

Clay1

I get what you were trying to do, but many guns won't feed right if you even ride the slide a little while loading the initial round. Go shoot your nice new gun and you will be happy. My Gen 4 19 hasn't even arrived yet and I am thinking of a Gen 4 26 so I am jealous.

Note on the feeding spent cases. What is usually the issue with feeding in many cases is the bullet design. Some rather large hollow point designs don't feed as well as hardball with some autos. Glocks are well known for eating ANYTHING. Just because it will feed empty cases, don't bet your rear on it feeding your personal protection ammo of choice. There is ONE WAY to figure that out and that is by actually shooting it with several hundred rounds of your self defense load. There are no shortcuts to this.

Now go have fun with your gun and quit thinking too much about it. You made a nice decision buying the G26 congrats.

19. .556

I ordered it from Eds Public Safety. I rate the whole process with them an A+

20. "Cold Dead Hands" !

"Cold Dead Hands" !

Shoot it first !
    I have always trusted and shot all of my Glocks in competition for the first shots.
    Never had a miss fire with any type of ammo.
    Their Glocks, not Kahr's or 1911's !

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011