close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

gen 3 trigger/trigger bar in gen 4's?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Eagle1, Mar 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Eagle1

Eagle1 Oh glockaholic!

Just left the gun store after handling a new gen 4 G17. It seems the trigger is alittle stiffer than my gen 3 gun and I was wondering if I can put in a gen 3 trigger/trigger bar in it to smoothen out the trigger pull. I think it is that damn dimple on the side of the trigger bar that is rubbing on the slide that is making it feel alittel stiffer than the older gen 3 guns?

Is this possible???

2. High Altitude

High Altitude

Been running a standard gen3 17 smooth trigger in my gen4 19 for about 700-800 rounds. Not an issue.

3. Glock Authority

Glock Authority

It may have been covered, but what was the purpose of the bump in the first place. It also touches the slide when putting back on frame.

4. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

Gen3 triggerbar in all my Gen4 pistols. Not a problem!

5. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Yes, and has been for awhile now. Another reason in conjunction to the bump on the trigger bar is also the new trigger housings are made with a more scalloped angle to it to accommodate the modular backstrips. This increases opposite angle needed on the connector to achieve a lighter pull. Thus the heavier pull. That's why you see the gen4's are now shipped with the new "." connector instead of the standard connectors.

Wish I could give you a visual. It would be lot easier to understand.

It is glock's new fail safe to keep the trigger bar centered unto the firing pin safety plunger.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  6. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

I've replaced my G22 Gen4 trigger bar with a my old Gen3 and I haven't had one problem with it. Plus it's a lot smoother trigger now.

7. Brad55102

Brad55102

i did find an issue.
    I found the Gen3 trigger bar in my gen4 to be mushy. Switched back to the gen4 trigger bar and it breaks smooth. i tried a different gen3 trigger bar and the same issue.

8. llcoolj_2222

llcoolj_2222

Trial and error & tweaks is Glock's way for "perfecting" (aka debugging) their products on the back of their customers.

Look at the picture below (all credits to Butch :) )

[​IMG]

The first generation of glocks had a FLAT TOP trigger bar, that perfectly engages the FP safety plunger.

Then they found out that this design increases the chances of the gun firing out of battery.

So they came out after a short time with a "6 parts upgrade", that part of it was a new trigger bar, as it is until Gen 4.

The new trigger bar, had a new ANGLED design that solved the timing problem, but created a new one.

The new design made the trigger bar slip over the FP safety plunger, thus increases the chances for mis-fires and light strikes. If you like to see the problem, remove the FP plunger and see how the FP shaves metal and leaves "bite marks" on it.

So glock introduced the "bump" that centers the trigger bar on the FP, but makes the trigger pull suck even more.

To solve the problem of the bump and new trigger house design, glock came with the "." connector that reduces the trigger pull weight.

But... this is the way glock is doing their products, fixing one thing in order to ruin 2 others.. :yawn: