Gen. 3 parts availability?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SawgrassRaven, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Jowe Crow

Jowe Crow Corvidae Companion

Hey all!

Been wondering something...

When (let's face it; it's more than likely gonna happen) Glock phases out the Generation 3 models for the Gen 4s, is it safe to assume they will still stay tooled up to produce all the replacement parts for the other generations as well?

Or is this something the aftermarket will pick up the slack on? Or both?

I'm inclined to believe Glock will still make the parts, simply to service all the millions of non-Gen 4 Glocks in use.

What say you all?

2. Revvv

Revvv

There are millions of Gen 1 - 3 Glocks out there. Parts will be available for a long time.

On top of that, you can still find parts for old guns that our great-great grandparents owned. I'm certain we will find parts for a very popular Glock.

3. jack76590

jack76590

I think at the very least Gen 3 parts will be available for many years. Plus I think Gen 4 and Gen 3 will share many parts. While it may not be practical to buy spare frame, slide, and barrel, these parts rarely need replacing and if they do are not usually cost effective to replace, because of age.

I don't know, perhaps someone else does, but I think the other unique parts will be, recoils spring, mag release, mag release spring (maybe). I have heard mention of trigger housing. If that is it not too costly to get a bunch of spare parts not shared with the Gen 4. And Glock may continue to provide unique Gen 3 parts for decadeS. But in any case we should be able to count on 5 probably 10 years to have the parts available.

4. hatidua

hatidua

My worries about future firearm legislation far outweigh any parts concerns I might have. If it's really weighing heavily on anyones minds, just go buy some spare parts.