close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 3 Glock 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by wrecks24, Jul 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. wrecks24

wrecks24

So, I know all about the erratic ejection issues, and to be honest it is getting a bit old, but I do have a question. I bought a NIB gen 3 about a month ago, first time to the range, I did eat a couple casings. Now, all i can find is serial numbers P-S were admitted to having issues, and only the Gen 4's were getting replacent ejectors, mine is serial number TBX###. Obviously the issue is still ongoing, but if I call Glock, what kind of questions should I ask? Are they replacing the ejectors?

2. Bruce M

Bruce M

I might try calling Glock and advising them of what the gun is doing, how often it is doing it and with what ammunition, and let them decide what if any questions need to be asked. But even before I did that I would probably try some reasonably stout 124 gr ammunition.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012

3. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

this ! Sj 40

4. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member Silver Member

How many rounds have you put through it? It might be a wearing in issue. I have a Gen3 G19 that I bought last summer so I know mine is a bit older, but I get a few casings flung back at me (some might be ricochets from the wall of the indoor lane) and it just doesn't bother me. Maybe that's just me, but I get one atop the head and a few on my shoulder from time to time but it's not a problem, again, IMO.

Have you given it a good cleaning? Polished up the extractor a bit with steel wool, polish or compound? I won't say it's not a problem, but maybe a bit more time and a few more rounds? I have OEM ejector and extractor (actually everything) and I don't think a couple of casings off the noggin is completely unusual. Good luck.

5. wrecks24

wrecks24

Ok, so I just got off the phone with Glock and was told that MY gun was made in MAY 2012 and there are currently no issues for any gen 3 19's that they are aware of, only new ejectors for the gen 4's. I am getting really annoyed by this. He blamed it on the ammo, but i shoot the same ammo as it was test fired with. Said I could send it in for inspection:faint:

6. wrecks24

wrecks24

granted i have only put about 300 through it, maybe it will work itself out, I dont mind an occasional BTF, but my wife got a good burn on her neck, and is now kinda scared to shoot it, I guess I will put more through it and see what happens. It groups like a MOFO though:embarassed:

7. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

Well you could order a Gen 4 trigger housing and change ejectors yourself,see what results that yields. As Billy Buba said I feel your pain:faint:
    SJ 40

8. wrecks24

wrecks24

Well, I thought about that too, where can I find a Gen4 housing w/ ejector, directly from Glock? I cant find them anywhere.

9. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

Wrecks
    Seems IIRC Voyager said that Glock Mister,

http://www.glockmeister.com/Trigger...r-4th-Gen-9MM-GLOCK-Models/productinfo/G7745/

http://www.glockmeister.com/searchprods.asp

and Midway had them in stock as of something like a week or so ago.
    If it were me I would call GM and verifiy that indeed it is the latest ejector in the housing because in their picture it's the old 336 ejector shown and if it is ,Jump on it.
    SJ 40

10. wrecks24

wrecks24

Cool, Thanks! I had looked on midway but only seen the 336 ejectors installed, but i see it now

11. dstanley66

dstanley66

My gen3 g19 # tbz*** and I get alot of btf, my wife also got a burn place from a hot brass, it had the 336 ejector and glock sent me the 30274, still no change in the btf, now I'm waiting on a new extractor to see if that works. Good lock with yours.

12. wrecks24

wrecks24

yeah, I hope that Apex tactical one will work, once it comes out

13. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

My Gen 3 G17 ejects just fine - out to the right at 4 o'clock.

14. frostyicy

frostyicy

Got my glock 19 gen 3 on Mon took it to the range on tue.

Brass to the face and fling over my head the entire time..I shot 85 rounds thru it.

Today I went put 150 thru it, only one to the lower chin the rest flew hard right, over the right shoulder or high over head. This is a big improvement.

So I would say give it some time to work out. As the glock armorer guy said on the sticky thread in this forum, the extractor will basically polish itself thru use.

Also I called glock on Wed and all he told me was to buy blazer 124grain with aluminum jackets. I opted against that as I feel like any firearm should operate properly with the whatever ammo the firearm is said to use.

I shot WWB and Fed 115grain today.

Wasn't a good day shooting for me tho.... my aim was horrible off today. I was shooting high left gotta get that under control.

Still glad the extractor seems to be smoothing out some tho.

Also I forgot....after my first day shooting I cleaned my gun and left the slide pulled back for a full day until I went and shot it today. Don't know if this helped or not. It was a recommendation from the stickied thread in this forum.

15. Galleon13

Galleon13

I hadn't heard about leaving the slide pulled for a day, I'm going to take my recently purchased and produced gen3 19 to the range Saturday and see if that helps things.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

16. frostyicy

frostyicy

Yeah..I am searching for the thread I found it in. Basically the guy was saying before you actually do all that polishing which could possible cause harm if you don't know what you're doing...to instead let the slide stay open for awhile. I forgot the rationale behind it but it seemed to work for me today.

I will search for it and post a link so you can read it.