close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 3 > Gen 4.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by LINKz, Feb 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. LINKz

LINKz

Hi, been reading these forums for a few years now and decided it was finally time to make an account. Anyway, my concern is about the different designs of Glock. I was at a my local bill goodman's gun show the other day and had a some time to handle the gen 4's for the first time. I have a gen 3 Glock 19 and absolutely love the thing, I wouldn't trade it for anything, but I have to admit that I seriously disliked the way the grip feels and looks on the gen 4's.. the rough texture frame just felt wrong in my hands. The vendor told me to expect to stop seeing gen 3's in the stores by this spring. My 19 was my first glock purchase but I don't want it to be the last. And sure I could always find a used gen 3 but I'm not big into buying used firearms of this kind. Anyway, does anyone else think the new gen is fugly and they should stick to the design of the gen 3s? Also, is it true that they have stopped making new gen 3's?

2. Bruce M

Bruce M

Seems to me there have been some here reporting that they have purchased new third generation Glocks that have test fire dates that are recent. I would guess that Glock might need to be able to make all their models in Gen4 before they stop production of the third generation models and that has not happened yet. My guess is there there will still be third generation pistols this spring.

3. PHATSPEED7X

PHATSPEED7X

I love my 3rd gen 19. Bought Brand new last fall, and had a test fire date of 6/8/2010. Think the store had this one in his case for a while...

4. moishlashen

moishlashen Senile Member

Huh? Gen3 ane Gen4 essentially look the same other than obvious cosmetic changes.

5. LINKz

LINKz

Right, but to me those cosmetic changes were for the worse and I couldn't think of a better looking design than the 3's. Obviously it comes down to personal preference but I'm just bothered by the 4's for some reason.

6. INEEDMILK

INEEDMILK

Hey guys I think french toast is way better than pancakes. I dont know what kind of idiot likes pancakes because french toast is just better.

7. dango

dango

I've never known anybody that bought a Glock cause it was pretty.They are so ugly,it's beautiful.

8. moishlashen

moishlashen Senile Member

Sure-I see what you are saying. The Gen4 texture IMO is in between the rtf(tearing up shirts) and the Gen3(which can become slick in some situations). The backstrap customization and larger mag release are both an attempt to have Glocks fit more hands-mainly smaller- like the other poly gun makers.

9. JBP55

JBP55

If you do not like the newer better version stick with your first love, they will be around for a while even after production ceases. :cool:

10. Mike 257

Mike 257

I dont like the way the Gen 4 's look or feel , I just picked up a new Gen3 27 with a test fire date of 6/8/2011

11. LINKz

LINKz

Just seeing if anyone else shared my opinion.. There's really no need to be a trolling smart ass about it.

12. tim12232

tim12232 Pistolero

This coming from the OP of a Gen3 vs Gen4 thread :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

13. LINKz

LINKz

Oh I do apologize for expressing an opinion about varying generations in Glocks. What a terrible subject to bring up in a general glocking forum. You're completely right, theres absolutely no room for such ignorance. I was simply stating my thoughts and asked for more information on the subject, so if you don't have anything useful to add to the conversation, why bother posting bull****?

14. Fragman

Fragman

I don't look at my Glocks all that much. Other than the front sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. tim12232

tim12232 Pistolero

:tongueout::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    I love my gen4 glocks, I think the gen3 is so ugly and it just feels terrible in my hand! I also like posting bull profanity too, it makes me feel better about myself! I think im gonna go start a gen3 vs gen4 thread to and see what other people think about my choices. :wavey:

16. LINKz

LINKz

I can see that I'm dealing with a teenager here who has logged on to daddy's account. Oh well.. :dunno: You better get back to your two best friends Jergens and Proactiv and let the big boys talk

17. LINKz

LINKz

Also Tim, are you actually a hitman or do you just like using videogame characters as your avatars?

18. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Da Fk'n Man

Since when did looks become the main factor in buying a gun that is used as a tool to protect yourself and loved ones? This is not a priceless work of art, not made by Tiffany's, and not a collectors item... If you're actually looking for all of that instead of what matters most then I suggest you sell your guns because it's obvious that you are not cut out to own one

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

19. glockin-45

glockin-45

+1 I just got a new 3rd Gen G23 in the show case. I could have got the GEN4, but don't realy care for them. Not saying i wont own one one day though.:cool:

20. tim12232

tim12232 Pistolero

you need to relax a little bit there big guy! If you've really been on the forums for a few years you know that flaming can happen and its generally in fun, I did not think you would get your panties so quickly twisted! My dad does not own a gun much less belong to some forum. I am 28, I am obviously not a hitman, but just wanted an avatar with some character. Im sorry if my replies got you butt hurt, it was just internet banter. We all have opinions and if you had actually searched you would find many posts about gen3 vs gen4 fit and feel info.

Have a nice day :dunno: