close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 3 G19 Back from Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by aaron_c, Nov 26, 2011.

1. aaron_c

aaron_c

So I sent my Gen 3 G19 in to Glock a couple weeks ago for the brass casings being ejected towards my face/head. I got it back Wednesday, and just got back from the range to make sure the 'repairs' took care of the issue.

I only recorded the results from my first three magazines, but put 8 15-round magazines down range total with similar results. I tried with and without a weapon-mounted light, and also let another guy there shoot it (he had a .40 cal Glock), just to further try and eliminate any variables. When I say casings hit me, I mean pretty hard- not counting the ones that go straight up and land on my head.

WWB: 2/15 casings hit me
    Blazer: 4/15 casings hit me
    Fiocci: 2/15 casings hit me, plus one casing that bounced around and stovepiped.

Here's what burns me up the most. The sheet they sent back from the warranty repair says "meets factory specs" and "tested okay". Where the hell do I even go from here when I get them on the phone on Monday, if they are already telling me that all the parts are properly made and that they 'tested it' and it functioned properly?! If they are willing to essentially lie about it, I'm not even sure what to say when I get them on the phone.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  2. relayman

relayman

Explain it to them first . THEN come back here and complain .

3. aaron_c

aaron_c

If I still need to, I will. However, in the mean time, I'll complain now and keep everyone posted on what they actually do about it. And I think that sending a product in to be repaired and being told "we upgraded the parts, they are in spec, we tested it, it works now" and then having it not work is more than enough reason to complain regardless of what they do in the future. I'm beyond frustrated right now, because the sole reason I bought this gun was for the reliability claimed by Glock and Glock owners. This is the least reliable handgun I've ever owned.

4. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

You may need to redefine the concept of 'reliability'. For some Glock owners, a gun is reliable if it goes bang. Did the gun go bang every time? Then it's good enough. That you incur severe burns to the face is irrelevant as long as you win the mythical gun fight.

See? It's just a matter of redefining 'reliable'. And then you can redefine 'perfection' and all is good!

There doesn't appear to be a factory solution for late model Gen 3 guns other than having Glock replace them with Gen 4 guns which CAN be repaired. Unfortunately, this solution is not applicable in California; we can't have Gen 4 guns, they are too dangerous (they don't have a magazine disconnect).

Glock needs to step up!

Richard

5. aaron_c

aaron_c

Lol, quite true, F106 Fan. It's all about perception! Yeah, I'd really enjoy being able to use my $500+ investment accurately without flinching in anticipation of being struck by a sharp piece of brass in the general area of my corneas. Maybe that's too much to ask? :p

6. DEADEYEGUY

DEADEYEGUY

I feel your pain! When mine was back the first time it was "upgraded" and did work for 600 rounds. Back at Glock right now. Since the first experience with customer service trying to deny the problem they do seem to be trying to fix it. For some reason they can't seem to fix the GEN3's. All we can do if we want to keep our GEN3's is either wait for the 30274 ejectors to be sold and hope they work in our guns. Or ask for a new GEN4 which the new fixes sem to be working. Let you know what happens with mine.

7. JBP55

JBP55

To the op.
    Have you tried a local Armorer?

8. smitty704

smitty704

I had the same issues as you, with my gen 3 G19 hitting me in the face with brass and having frequent stovepipes. I sent it to them with one of their FedEx prepaid labels and they sent it back a couple weeks later with a sheet saying the same thing as yours(I still have it for records).

It was ok for about 500 rounds or so and it all started happening again. So what I did was send it back to them with another FedEx prepaid label and I told them to keep it and give me a full refund, or replace it with a gen 4 G19 with the new ejector and RSA, and they agreed to do so. It took around 3 weeks for them to get me my Gen 4 19, and they sent it straight to my house, no FFL's or anything.

If I were you, DO NOT SELL IT!!! Glock already has your money, so make them replace it for one that actually works. They owe you a fully functioning pistol, and I assure you, they will exchange it if you insist.

Here she is. I have my original 2 mags and they sent the gen 4 with 3, so now I have 5 mags and a PERFECT pistol! It has been flawless.
    [​IMG]

9. aaron_c

aaron_c

Tried a local armorer for what exactly? I do know a local Glock armorer that I trust (albeit just one of them).

10. slappy white

slappy white

Smitty704 is absolutely correct.

Let them know that what you have is unacceptable and demand they give you a updated version which is the gen 4. They will replace your gen 3 with a Gen 4 and you will be happy. They have changed the dimensions of the Gen 4 from the gen 3's and the same fixes that work for the gen 4 will not work for the gen 3. Gen 3's will cease to be manufactured soon, so all the guys with malfunctioning Gen 3's who complain will be awarded Gen 4's from Glock.

11. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Ask to speak to the Warranty Department manager, tell him that casings are hitting you in the face and when another experienced Glock shooter shoots your gun, the same thing happens. Ask that it be replaced with a Gen4 that has the new ejector.

My G27 has the same problem and the only reason I haven't jumped through their hoops is that I don't want to give up the OD frame. I'm going to wait until the newest Gen4 trigger housings have the new ejector in them, and I'm going to put that ejector into a Gen3 trigger housing to use in my G27.

As to why Glock won't use the new ejector in Gen3's, I don't think it's a matter of not being able to, but instead not wanting to.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  12. Radian

Radian

Post a video of this failure?

13. aaron_c

aaron_c

I thought about doing that but there are already videos out there of guns doing the exact same thing, so I don't really want to spend another $20+ and couple hours on this issue that I don't have to. If I'd thought of it before going to the range today, I would have done that for sure though.

14. Roger G23

Roger G23 Glock Guy

She's a booty...beauty.

15. aaron_c

aaron_c

One other question- do I need to uninstall my night sights if they agree to the exchange, or can they do that for me as long as I make them aware of it?

16. DEADEYEGUY

DEADEYEGUY

Just to be safe I'd mention the night sights. Not that they would intentionally not send you a gun with your nightsights. But it's a big company and things sometimes just get lost between the phone conversation and shipping. They'll get it straight if their is a mistake. But you don't want to go through multiple shippings back and forth.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  17. mastrbloata

mastrbloata

I'm not trying to be a wise guy but have you looked at You Tube lately on this matter? It seems to be a pronounced, very profound problem at this point.

18. smitty704

smitty704

Yes, let them know about the night nights. Make sure you put in on the note in the box with the pistol. Make sure the note is VERY clear and to the point, stating you want them to put your sights on the new gun. They will do it no problem.

So, are you calling Glock in the morning?

19. Serafino

Serafino

Smitty do you know of specific instances of Glock transferring a customer's parts to a new gun?

20. aaron_c

aaron_c

Yep, I have two exams tomorrow morning so I'll be calling Glock after those, at around 10:30am CST.