Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
That’s interesting they should be coming with the 6.5 mm sights. You will likely be shooting about 65mm low if you have a 4.1 front sight and 195mm low if you have a 4.9. That’s a big difference in accuracy for sure

·
MacGyver
8,220 Posts
Benchrest your gun to know the "correct" sight picture for your sight combination. Based on the image in post #6, you may have a gun that prefers 12 o'clock sight picture (or 6 o'clock hold), instead of the standard Glock dot-covering-the-target "combat" sight picture.

You may be lucky in that is what you normally do, so before changing the sights out, do some benchrest and freehand testing.

Font Slope Logo Circle Rectangle

There is no such thing as "the one" sight picture -- the "correct" sight picture is determined by the sights installed, not the user.

·
Anti-Federalist
25,122 Posts
Benchrest your gun to know the "correct" sight picture for your sight combination. Based on the image in post #6, you may have a gun that prefers 12 o'clock sight picture (or 6 o'clock hold), instead of the standard Glock dot-covering-the-target "combat" sight picture.

You may be lucky in that is what you normally do, so before changing the sights out, do some benchrest and freehand testing.

View attachment 991949

There is no such thing as "the one" sight picture -- the "correct" sight picture is determined by the sights installed, not the user.

Image number 1 shouldn't ever be an option. 2 and 3 are the only acceptable sight pictures as far as I'm concerned and yes, standardization should be expected from the manufacturer.

·
MacGyver
8,220 Posts
Image number 1 shouldn't ever be an option. 2 and 3 are the only acceptable sight pictures as far as I'm concerned and yes, standardization should be expected from the manufacturer.
On a pistol, because the circle is so large, and things are short range, perhaps-- those images are just representative. But on iron sights on a rifle, that is a common sight picture when the circle is a dot in the foreground. So "ever" in you statement is not correct.

So it all depends on the physics. You cannot ass-u-me that a manufacturer will not just change production parts based on availability, or simple runs in production.

Reactions: syntaxerrorsix

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I purchased a 26 G3 a few weeks ago. It has the 6.1 rear sight. I called Glock customer service and talked to two different people. First fellow asked me what was on the box. I told him the SKU showed fixed, standard, not specific sight sizes. He said they must be what Glock wants on the unit since it came from Austria. When I asked why my original 26 G3 had a 6.5 rear he told me hang on and passed me to another person. Same questions to this fellow and he responded that Glock's target sighting system must had indicated the unit needed a 6.1 rear. I asked what the target sighting system was, he said computerized and I should trust Glock to get it right and hung up the phone on his end.

I will say this was the worst two conversations I ever had with anyone at Glock.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Seems like Glock is taking a page from Sig's book and putting on whatever size sights they have on hand. [Sig sight heights are supposed to go by caliber but in practice are all over the board out of the factory sometimes].

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Update to my original post

I put the 6.5mm oem night sight set on my 19 and the poa/poi was several inches high at 25 yards, but the 17 with the 6.1 plastic sights was dead on. These are the same results I've gotten out of a recent 19.5 and 19.5 MOS I was able to acquire.

EDIT: Ammo used was 124 grain ZQI NATO spec.

·
Florist
20,585 Posts
So, given the sight picture you use, the 6.1 rear sight is properly regulated for the front sight it came with? POA=POI?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts