close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 3 32 slide on gen 4 23 frame

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by NCtrooper, Jun 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. NCtrooper

NCtrooper

I was curious what I need to do to make my gen 3 32 slide work on my gen 4 23? I'm sorry if this has been asked before. Thanks for the help!

2. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

There's not much point to doing it unless you want to use the sights that are on the G32 slide and you don't want to remove them and install them onto the Gen4 G23 slide. If you decide to do so you'll need to use the Gen3 guide rod. It will work fine, it will just leave a gap at the muzzle end like this:
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18841173&postcount=8

You can use the Gen3 G32 barrel in the Gen4 G23 slide, you'd have to use the Gen4 G23 guide rod, but the cut-out in the Gen3 barrel for the base of the guide rod is more narrow, so you need to be certain to fully seat the base of the guide rod into that cut-out every time before you reassemble the gun from field strip.

You may have to use your G32/.357SIG magazines, many people report that the .40 and .357 magazines work with either caliber but some people say only the correct caliber magazines are reliable.

Besides that you don't need to change anything else, the .40 and .357 models share identical internal parts besides the bore of the barrel and the magazines.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012