close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 3 27, Gen 4 27

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 4-Fun, Feb 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. 4-Fun

4-Fun

Hi Guys,
    If this has been disucussed at nosia, please excuse me. I have a GSSF cupon that is about to expire and I need to make a decision.

I have a collection of each of Gen 3 9mm's except the 34and the 17L. I love the 9's. The last 9mm I bought was an 26 born on 6/2011. I love this little gun. I have over 600 rounds through it and I have been surprised from day one just how well it points, shoots, and fits in my hand.

I want to add to my collection the 40 calibers. I want to start with the 27. When I start my collection, I want to stay in the same Generation. I'm just analretentive that way.

My question is, for those of you who own both the the Gen 3 and Gen 4 27, can you give me some likes and dislikes?

My intended purpose will be for "concealed carry."

Thanks in advance,
    4-fun

2. barth

barth six barrels

Only have Gen 3 G27 bought last year.
    It's been flawless.
    I think I got hit in the head once with a shell case out of a case of ammo.
    I can live with that.

The parts that actually count?
    Accuracy and reliable function with all brands, weights and types
    of SD ammo? Flying Colors

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012

3. 4-Fun

4-Fun

Hi barth,

The baby Glocks were already using the captive springs, so I think they would see fewer issues than the other models.

I like the new texture of the frame. On the Gen 3's, I have to make multiple hand repositioning on warm days. I think the new texture would aid in that.

I'm just wondering how the new texture works in concealed carry? I usually ware a t-shirt between my body and the holster, however, there are occasions that I do not.

The new texture looks like it could be ruff on the skin.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  4. hsprincipal

hsprincipal

I am currently doing the same thing. Only I have decided to collect all the Gen 4s. I currently have the 17,26,27 and have a 22 ordered. I prefer the grips on the gen 4s and have no problems at all with any of the ones I currently own. I think the changeable backstraps, new recoil springs, and larger ambi mag release are all plusses. Just my .02 cents. I don't really think you can go wrong with either gen, but for me the gen 4s were the best choice and I have no regrets.

5. HGxyz

HGxyz

Get yourself a gen4 G27. You can put the G26/G3 slide on the G27 receiver and have a G26/G4 as well (get a gen4 9mm trigger housing so you will have the right ejector). Or go the other way and have a G27/G3. Personally, I prefer the gen4 greatly, don't plan on shooting gen3s any more since I have gen4 lowers in sub, compact, and full size.