GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
CCIMAN, this gun will replace the gen 2.5 model 27 I’ve been carrying nearly every day for 25 years. It’ll be and EDC defensive weapon. I can live with the ejection issues, but it just bugs me.
Ken, sorry, I misunderstood your suggestion. Now it makes sense.
I blew it and didn’t place my order soon enough for that part. Guess now I’ll have to wait till they’re back in stock.
Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well the gen 5 ejector is out of stock, but the gen 4 still appears to be available. I wonder how that would work?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
So the dipped extractor is better?
Yes, but you will not find one. They were phased out around 2012.

The very best extractor was the cast version made prior to 2009. No mold marks, little friction.

Better to just visually inspect your current extractor and polish if needed.

In 2012 we didn’t have the 47021 ejector. It helps a lot, even on a Gen 3. All my 9mm Glocks have 47021 ejectors now except my P80.

Great article on the 47021 ejector

https://www.glocktalk.com/a/glock-9...mparison-with-video-336-vs-30274-vs-47021.76/

·
Registered
527 Posts
Well the gen 5 ejector is out of stock, but the gen 4 still appears to be available. I wonder how that would work?
The Gen 4 ejector will work just fine. That is what I am running.

It functions right?does it matter which direction the brass goes?
It actually does matter which direction the brass goes. As others have said, it is no fun getting hot brass down your shirt. And it is no fun having the infamous Brass To the Face either.

I compare it to shooting the M16A1 left handed while I was in the Army. I always had hot brass hit me or go down my shirt when shooting the A1. That problem was fixed with the A2 just like using a Gen 4 or Gen 5 ejector instead of the Gen 3 ejector fixes the problem of BTF.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yes, but you will not find one. They were phased out around 2012.

The very best extractor was the cast version made prior to 2009. No mold marks, little friction.

Better to just visually inspect your current extractor and polish if needed.

In 2012 we didn’t have the 47021 ejector. It helps a lot, even on a Gen 3. All my 9mm Glocks have 47021 ejectors now except my P80.

Great article on the 47021 ejector

https://www.glocktalk.com/a/glock-9...mparison-with-video-336-vs-30274-vs-47021.76/

Thank you for your response.

·
Registered
540 Posts

Let me look at what I still have. Send me a PM of your address and I’ll send you one of my 47208 TMH with the 47021 ejector.

Edit- I have 4 of these TMH so I will send you one if you would like. Free!

I just took this picture-

174A57AE-C05E-4B2A-BECF-705D27708719.jpeg

·
Registered
13,352 Posts
Toy or weapon?
Wear a hat when training. Don't have exposed cleavage when training.
Think that your targets are eating or attacking your kids/wife/parents/dog.

Ignore the ejections-- if you know where they are going, you are not focused on the problem. Cases reliably exiting out of the chamber is all that matters.
I remember reading many years ago that Glock suggested wearing a hat with a bill. Might have been in a manual.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Papa Glock, thank you for your very kind offer, but before I saw that I went ahead and ordered the gen 4 part. I also just received a response from Glock that someone from the warranty department will be contacting me today or tomorrow, so I’ll see what they say. The last time I sent a gun back to Glock for repairs was well overr 25 years ago, so it’ll be interesting to see what the shipping procedure is now.
Thanks again, and I’ll keep ya’ll posted!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I have four glock 26s, all generation 3 made over a period of about 20 years. The last two had brass to the face. The 47021 ejector installed in those last two G26s provided ejection much like two earlier G26s with the 336 ejector. That is not great but acceptable. This is cheap easy fix. The ejectors pull right out of the housing.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Here is a Gen 3 ejector #336 next to a Gen 4 ejector #30274. I don't have the Gen 5 ejector otherwise I would have included it in the photo.

Gen3 vs Gen4 ejector.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Got a response from Glock today. They suggested finding a certified armorer in my area and having them look at it. Said they would send any needed parts to the armorer free. Or I can send it back to Glock, and they said they would forward the shipping information. Closest armorer to me would be Reno, which is 40 minutes or so away. Not sure if preserving the warranty is worth to much, since I’ll void it anyway when I take the dremel to the trigger guard and remove that nasty hump, like I did on my trusty 27. Of course that won’t be till next June, when I qualify with it and start carrying it. Since I already have the 30274 ejector ordered, it would be easier to just do it myself...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So the part of the extractor that you are polishing is the ridges to the right of the photo, which apparently ride contact the frame?

·
Registered
540 Posts
So the part of the extractor that you are polishing is the ridges to the right of the photo, which apparently ride contact the frame?

I stole this pic from Buckshot from the thread he posted on page one. I believe this shows where to smooth out a bit-

D9662356-6FAE-4D7C-A141-040C938BFC92.jpeg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
You know the first thing I worry about when polishing any part on a carry gun is that it makes it looks like it’s been, well, polished, or messed with. Then I look at the G27 that’s been carried concealed nearly daily for 25 years. I’d be hard pressed to find an external part on that gun that has much finish on it, and it get’s approved by the armorer every year...

21 - 40 of 77 Posts