GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m new to the forum but not new to Glocks. Owned and carried several over the years, some good, some not so good. I recently purchased a brand new Gen. 3 model 26. I’ve run 120 rounds through it, consisting of American eagle, Winchester white box, and Hornady Custom 147 grain hp’s. With all ammo, I’m experiencing the classic late production gen 3 erratic ejection. Left, right, onto my head, onto my arms, into my face, etc. Oh, and my gun came with the #336 ejector. I e-maild Glock, and am waiting for a response. On the off chance that they can’t or won’t fix it, or, (more likely), shipping it out of, and then back into, California, is too costly, I’m not opposed to repairing it myself.
I’ve read various threads and watched various videos of folks using the gen. 4 or 5 ejectors. So my question is, for those of you who have swapped ejectors and have been running them for awhile, has it effected the gun’s reliability? Last question is, has anyone sent a gun back to Glock with this issue, and if so, what did they do to fix it?
Thanks folks!
Ron.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I switched out ejectors on all my gen3 Glocks with the 47021 ejector. It helped all of them but one. The one it didn’t help I’m going to change out the extractor with a lonewolf extractor. I have two different lonewolf extractors. One is kind of pricey at the now prices of $50. I recently ordered two of their cheaper ones at the price of $18. I will try the cheaper one first. Here’s the cheaper one which should be here in a couple of days-

E056CD21-D398-422B-8A01-06F1BDABABCD.jpeg

And this is the more expensive one-

B5831295-D922-4798-8182-BF3C5F524AD0.jpeg
651500A2-3276-4032-A90B-6DB6BC07BBAD.jpeg

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Before spending a lot of time and money trying different parts try replacing the LCI Spring loaded bearing with a Non-LCI one .
That change alone made a major change in my Gen. 3 Glock's ejections .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just order a Trigger Mechanism aaHousing part number 47208 which should have the 47021 ejector. Put the new ejector in your gen3 Trigger Mechanism Housimg and see if that helps. The 47208 TMH is around $10.

View attachment 851908 View attachment 851910 View attachment 851912
Just order a Trigger Mechanism aaHousing part number 47208 which should have the 47021 ejector. Put the new ejector in your gen3 Trigger Mechanism Housimg and see if that helps. The 47208 TMH is around $10.

View attachment 851908 View attachment 851910 View attachment 851912

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! One thing I neglected to mention is that I’m retired LE, and our department has very strict standards as to what they will approve for off duty or retiree’s to carry. Essentially, I cannot install any aftermarket internals or modify trigger pulls, safety features, etc. If the gun comes from the factory with a loaded chamber indicator, which would be considered a safety feature, I can’t replace that or have it replaced, unless of course I send it back to the manufacturer and they replace it. Basically gotta stick with Glock OEM parts. Pretty sure I could replace a Glock ejector with another Glock ejector, just curious if those who have done so have seen any reliability/feeding issues after a thousand rounds or so?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thanks guys! One thing I neglected to mention is that I’m retired LE, and our department has very strict standards as to what they will approve for off duty or retiree’s to carry. Essentially, I cannot install any aftermarket internals or modify trigger pulls, safety features, etc. If the gun comes from the factory with a loaded chamber indicator, which would be considered a safety feature, I can’t replace that or have it replaced, unless of course I send it back to the manufacturer and they replace it. Basically gotta stick with Glock OEM parts. Pretty sure I could replace a Glock ejector with another Glock ejector, just curious if those who have done so have seen any reliability/feeding issues after a thousand rounds or so?

So far I have not had any reliability issues after changing the ejector out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm, while I’m waiting for a reply from Glock, I just might order that gen. 5 TMH so it’s on the way. Won’t void the warranty by tearing into the gun just yet though...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hmm, while I’m waiting for a reply from Glock, I just might order that gen. 5 TMH so it’s on the way. Won’t void the warranty by tearing into the gun just yet though...

If it were me, I would at least order that TMH while they are instock. There was a thread not too long ago where someone was looking for some and struggled to find them instock. Also, if by chance the New ejector doesn’t fix the issue, you could order an oem extractor and see if the combination of the two might fix it.

·
MacGyver
7,004 Posts
Toy or weapon?
Wear a hat when training. Don't have exposed cleavage when training.
Think that your targets are eating or attacking your kids/wife/parents/dog.

Ignore the ejections-- if you know where they are going, you are not focused on the problem. Cases reliably exiting out of the chamber is all that matters.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
If the gun comes from the factory with a loaded chamber indicator, which would be considered a safety feature, I can’t replace that or have it replaced, unless of course I send it back to the manufacturer and they
I did not say to replace the LCI extractor . Just replace the spring loaded bearing .
The Non-LCI bearing will just put a little more spring pressure on the LCI extractor

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have swapped out all of my Gen 3 336 ejectors with the Gen 4 30274 ejector and have not had any reliability issues. And if you have to stick with the LCI extractor, you can try the non LCI spring-loaded bearing to see if that helps.

And you can use a Gen 4 trigger housing in a Gen 3 frame by cutting the bottom tabs on the G4 housing off. You can see in the photo below where to make the cut. This mod works fine and is popular with the Polymer 80 guys.

Gen3 and 4 TH.jpg

·
Registered
540 Posts
This post is 8 years old, but this is how I diagnosed a new G19 with ejection problems. Serveral have polished their MIM extractor to get better ejection.

650 round test, non dip extractor causing BTF

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/650-round-test-non-dip-extractor-causing-btf.1450148/

I’m reading your thread from awhile back and I have a question. I’m a little slow so I hope I can understand your answer. What is a dipped or non dipped extractor?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I’m reading your thread from awhile back and I have a question. I’m a little slow so I hope I can understand your answer. What is a dipped or non dipped extractor?
The dip is a relief area caused by the mold to make the extractor.

The left most extractor below is dipped

The relief area causes less friction. Production of dipped extractors are long gone.

View: https://youtu.be/ee13znbnSCM

1 - 20 of 77 Posts