close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 3 23C question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bluedevil, Aug 5, 2012.

1. bluedevil

bluedevil

Hey everyone. I have a Gen 3 23C and have been looking for aftermarket barrels. Does anyone know of a company that makes a aftermarket barrel with the factory style ports in place. All i can find is a unported barrel or a barrel with ports that extend past the slide none with them in the factory placement.
    thanks

2. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Why don't you just buy a factory replacement barrel? Is there some reason it has to be aftermarket?

3. ranger1968

ranger1968

That was sort of the question I had as well.....

I don't know of anyone who is making an aftermarket G-23C barrel that has the same cuts as the factory barrel; but you can get a factory replacement , so why not just get that?

4. bluedevil

bluedevil

More curious than anything else. My brother in law is always complaining because the brass from glocks that he reloads will not work in his XDM. He bought a match grade barrel for his glock and now can use the brass so he was pushing me to find one that will work with my gun.

5. Paul53

Paul53 All in all I'm just another brick in the wall.

Will his reloads work with YOUR stock barrel? Do YOU need the slight difference and high cost of a match grade barrel? Have fired 23C and 19 and both were far more accurate than I.

6. tacops5372

tacops5372

So you are looking to shoot reloads, if I'm reading this right? I shoot a G23C and love the gun. I don't shoot reloads through her though. I'd check with LWD but other than that I don't believe so? Buy another oem barrel and shoot the heck out of it with reloads and just switch back when done...

7. bluedevil

bluedevil

Yeah like i said I was more curious than anything else. He reloads just plain lead bullets anyway. I usually just buy ammo myself until i can afford to buy everything to start reloading my own.