GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I have both Gen4 and Gen3 pistols. The thing that I like most about the Gen 3's is that to me the trigger is lighter, and has a better feel. The grip of the Gen 4 does feel good, but I don't notice a real difference in grip while actually firing it. Another thing to consider is that you may wait sometime for a Gen 4 G20 to come out so I vote to get the tried and true Gen 3 G20SF. No sense in waiting when you can get an already GREAT pistol.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I would get the Gen 3 at a great price and have a BLAST with 10mm! :)

Mine is a G20. Big old Glock grip and all. I have handled Gen4's since my purchase. Most recent was a G21 compared to my M&P .45 full size and G20. The ONLY thing the 21 does better at is capacity. That's it,,, period! :) The 20 it would be the bad ass 10mm and capacity. The M&P has egros Glock will be chasing into Gen 5 or 6. And slide build quality that Glock will get in the 5th gen,,, I would hope. Because they darn sure missed it in late 3rd and 4th gens. For me, I would have bought a M&P 10mm before a Glock if Smith offered one. Even with less round capacity.

IMHO you aren't gaining a thing waiting on Gen 4. The Gen 3 is the pistol Glock could of made when they went public but didn't. Yeah know,,,, marketing keep the tit full strategy. There as a whole has been very little mechanical updates since Gen 1.

Bottom line: You want a 10mm right now, Get a gen 3 with a even finish on the slide and rest easy knowing you own and can shoot the best auto pistol ammo ever made. Be it stupid S&W .40, 10mm, Dillon Monster and others. The G20 offers a powerful in your face platform that encourages one to explore. And has your back when you do! :)

·
USN Retired
7,539 Posts
ALRIGHT, ALREADY! I'll start saving and shopping for a Gen3 20SF! :supergrin:

(I called, recently, and my usual LEO/Mil discount supplier did not have one.)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
pizza

Save fast! When the Gen 4's hit the market 3's will sell for a song and dance. BUT,,, they will retain a good resale value for some time to come. The 10mm has been reclaiming some market in the last few years.

get after it! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mojoab, Did you ever purchase that G20SF? If so, what's your opinion to date. I've got my eye on one that's been collecting dust in one of my LGS's. The last 10mm firearms I owned were an S&W 1006 and a Colt Delta Elite.

I have not owned a Glock up until now because I just couldn't get past the grip. Every time I would shoot one, it made me cringe, especially when I compared it to a nice 1911 or any of my Hi-Powers. The G20 Gen3 SF that I "handled" the other day was a remarkable improvement over earlier Glocks. Didn't feel as nice as a Hi-Power, but I think I might be able to comfortably live with it.

Is there anyone on the forum that could compare the G20 Gen3 SF to the 1006 and/or the Delta Elite?

SgtSam
Take Care, God bless, and Watch Your Back

·
Banned
17,069 Posts
Mojoab, Did you ever purchase that G20SF? If so, what's your opinion to date. I've got my eye on one that's been collecting dust in one of my LGS's. The last 10mm firearms I owned were an S&W 1006 and a Colt Delta Elite.

I have not owned a Glock up until now because I just couldn't get past the grip. Every time I would shoot one, it made me cringe, especially when I compared it to a nice 1911 or any of my Hi-Powers. The G20 Gen3 SF that I "handled" the other day was a remarkable improvement over earlier Glocks. Didn't feel as nice as a Hi-Power, but I think I might be able to comfortably live with it.

Is there anyone on the forum that could compare the G20 Gen3 SF to the 1006 and/or the Delta Elite?

SgtSam
Take Care, God bless, and Watch Your Back
WOW! this has to be close to a record for necrothreading.

But, one close to my heart.

I am an old 1911 guy and I have never been happy with Glocks either fro the same reasons as you. About a year ago I decided I wanted to think about a second 10mm as a backup to my Witness. In a weird set of circumstances I ended up unintentionally ordering a 3rd gen G-20 SF, without ever laying my hands on one.

I was "apprehensive" to say the least.

It has worked out fine. To me it feels much less "Glocklike" in the ways I don't like.

To my hand it feels a bit more like a BHP with wrap around grips than it does my G-22.

·
Drop those nuts
9,539 Posts
Personally I hate the feel of a Gen 4 in my hand. Hate the little bumps. Hate the feel of the plastic with fiber glass in it. Hate the ugly grooves on the side of the slide.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts