close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 2 Glock 22 vs. Gen 3 & 4

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by C6vetter, Jul 20, 2012.

1. C6vetter

C6vetter

have a Gen 2 with less than 80 rounds through it. Shoots outstanding ... love it. Been reading about incremental improvements with later generations spawning a few questions for you experts:

1. value of LNIB Glock 22 Gen 2? Flawless with all original materials

2. Cost/benefits of trading up to Gen 3

3. Cost/benefits of trading up to Gen 4

4. Should I consider a 23? Have a new Talo G27 with Ameriglo night sights. If I buy new, I'd want a similar package

Have Kahr CM9 & that and the G27 will be my CCWs. The G22 (or 23) will be our high(er) capacity home defense weapon.

Appreciate the feedback!

2. dkf

dkf

The newer Glock .40 barrels have a little more support than the earlier guns. The Gen3 and Gen4 guns are all 3 pin frames so there is a little strength there than the 2 pin.

If it were me I would keep the Gen2. Put a few boxes of ammo through it to make sure it functions fine and done. It is just as good (if not better) a home defense gun as the newer Glocks IMO.

You are probably going to get hosed on a trade in and not break even on a new gun.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012

3. familyman357

familyman357

Production 22s always had the locking block support (third) pin, but otherwise I agree. Glock did quietly increase support in later barrels. That may or may not be a big deal to you. FWIW, Gen2s don't seem to command any premium.
    If it's going to be a dedicated home defense pistol, I see no advantage to going to a 23.
    If you decide to ditch the home defense Gen2 for another 22 (supposing that you want a rail to attach a light), I'd go straight for the Gen4. It's not unknown for the Gen3 to demonstrate unreliable feeding with a light attached, but that doesn't seem to be an issue with the Gen4.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  4. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

This is just me mind you but their's no way I would part with a Gen 2 for any New Glock Period. Fact is I won't purchase any Glock produced after December 2006,why sacrifice perfection for well imperfection. SJ 40

5. C6vetter

C6vetter

Thanks ... Shoots like. Dream. Just wasn't sure if there were any safety mods suggested in the past 20 years!