Glock 19 Gen 2 Glock 19 Value

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Thiokol, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Thiokol

Thiokol

Can someone give me a realistic value for my Gen 2 Glock 19. It was purchased new in 1994 and has honestly had only 25 rounds through it. The pictures will attest to its condition.

Glock 1.JPG Glock 1.JPG Glock 3.JPG

Attached Files:

Joe Farese likes this.
  2. Thiokol

Thiokol

More pictures.

Attached Files:

3. LT642

LT642

It would really be up to how badly someone wanted one to be honest. That pistol looks great, if I was in the market I'd go $400.00, or so.

ETA: Keep in mind a G19 in that condition with the correct box, low round count, etc. would be difficult to replace. IMO they don't make 'em like they used to, I'd keep it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Frank V and Boot Stomper like this.
  4. Johnix

Johnix

I'd do $450 if you want to part with it.

5. Beermeister

Beermeister Deplorable

I would pay $450 for one in that condition. I already have a Gen4 but I could use another 19.

6. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

The Gen2 G19's in excellent condition are starting to jump significantly in price, especially with the correct box, accessories and label. The Gen2 is what Glock built their reputation on and if you have shot one, you know why.

I love my Gen2's and would certainly hang on to that one. Depending on where you listed it, you could expect to get $500-$600 for it in that condition easily.

L.A.Tactical and tercel89 like this.
  7. AL Bundy's Dodge

AL Bundy's Dodge

Op, i live right by you and Ive seen your listings on illinois carry and armslist.

My personal opinion is its worth $400-$425

I actually really would like to own it, but haven't contacted you because we are quite a bit apart on value.

I wish you the best on your sale, id bet the right buyer would pay you more, but that takes time and exposure.

8. tercel89

tercel89

I agree . These early G19's are made with the TRUE Tenifer and almost never rusts. That 19 you have is purely Glock Perfection in my opinion. I would keep it if I were you. If you want to sell it , I would not accept anything less than $500. The correct person will come along and will pay it if not more.

svtpwnz likes this.
  9. Thiokol

Thiokol

Al,

The only place you'll find one in this condition and as complete as it is for $400.00 to $425.00 would be in your dreams.

MichaelLeonardo likes this.
  10. wayne

wayne Millennium Member

I have one and I would not part with mine even though it's not the most accurate of my Glocks. It's worth whatever someone is willing to give for it.

11. PattonT

PattonT

Around Tennessee I believe it would bring every bit of $450.

Buckeye63 likes this.
  12. HappyG

HappyG

I agree with the price range. I have one in that exact condition, but the reason it may be low; is aimsurplus had gen2 glock 19 for 359.

13. Thiokol

Thiokol

That may be but this one is hardly police surplus.

erbob likes this.
  14. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

A Gen2 G17 in this condition is worth the $400-$450 price range. I picked up three Gen2's last week and they were all NIB condition like this one.

I paid $425 for the G17, $600 for the G19 and almost $700 for the G20. Did I over pay for the G20 and G19? I'm sure many here would believe I did and I feel I paid a little more than I probably should have also.

They were all in NIB condition and it's what I've been searching for and for quite a while. So, I paid the price to satisfy my desire and at the end of the day, I'm very happy I did. You just don't see the Gen2 G19's in this condition any more and they are not going to get any cheaper when you do find one.

SRT Shaft likes this.
  15. HappyG

HappyG

Yeah, I agree, but its not a gen1 either. Heck I just sold a unfired glock 21 gen 2 for 400. Does yours have black internals, or was it sent back for the upgrades? It may add more value if it is untouched, as a collector myself.

16. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

I would put that no lower than $450 due to condition and completeness. How much something is 'worth' and how much you can get for it can differ by a lot, and it can go either way.

There are a lot of Gen 2 G19s. There are not a lot in that condition. If I had not bought a Gen 2 G19 from AIM, I would certainly make an offer for that gun starting at $400.

17. Thiokol

Thiokol

That may be but this one is hardly police surplus.
    It came with the silver internals when it was originally purchased. Has anyone ever confirmed the existence of a true Gen 1 Glock 19 in the US?

18. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

I'd pay $550-$600. My gen 2 is my favorite pistol

19. GoBigOrange

GoBigOrange

Yes. One of our members here has 2 of them. Also, it seems like you came here hoping to validate your opinion that this gun is worth more than most people are willing to pay. Once it became clear that you may not be correct you then lashed out at Al for no reason.

Your Gen2 19 is in excellent condition. Someone may be willing to pay $600+ but most will not.

125K9 and Ranger357 like this.
  20. HappyG

HappyG

I owned a gen 1 glock 19, which was sent to glock because hair line crack near firing pin. That's how I ended up with the gen2 glock 19. The gen 1 glock 19 short grip version
    I bought in 1986. It had glock proof marks on it. Also my gen 2 glock 19 magazines 15 rounders are also non metal lined.

Correction, my glock 19 mags are 17 rounders.

SRT Shaft likes this.