close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 2 Glock 19 Slide can not be removed

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by webb3201, Jan 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. webb3201

webb3201

Hello all,
    I loved my gen 3 G19 so much I picked up a nice used gen 2 model as my backup. I have been wrestling with this thing for an hour and I cannot get the slide off of the frame to clean the pistol. I have take my G26 and G19 (s) apart about a billion times, but this one will not cooperate. After I disengage the trigger and pull the release controls, I get about a half an inch movement before the slide stops. I can reset everything, fire the pistol, feed the pistol. Anyone know what could be the issue here?

2. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

I had this trouble when I changed out the trigger parts., work the trigger a few times (even though it won't move much) if it is that problem, it will eventually work free... if not, sorry.

3. greenLED

greenLED

If else fails, you'll have to remove the backplate and then the firing pin. (I just went through something similar.)

4. beatcop

beatcop

Used to have some NY1 triggers cause a similiar prob...I think the old solution was: retract slightly, pull takedowns, then pull trigger as the last step.

5. elde

elde Lifetime Member

^^
    Probably correct....it has a NY trigger. Disassemble as you normally would but keep the trigger pulled back as you remove the slide.

6. webb3201

webb3201

That worked perfectly. Thanks much! Note, I have not been able to take this one to the range yet so I have not pulled the trigger. In dry firing, it feels about the same as my stock G19. How would I confirm the NY trigger?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  7. beatcop

beatcop

I just googled it and found this quote:

"The gun is now completely disassembled. If you want to go the de-luxe route (and blow the $0.25 budget. I know I did...), replace the standard 5.5 lb trigger connector with a 3.5lb one. It looks almost the same, but has a small minus sign stamped near the top. There is also a + marked one, refered to as the 8lb connector, and two alternate trigger springs , refered to as N.Y 1 and N.Y.2 that can be put in the gun instead of the original at this point if you want a heavier trigger pull for some reason."

I loaned out my armorers manual, so google is it for now.

[​IMG]

PIC of NY-1 (green)

[​IMG]
    NY-2 (orange)