Glock Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I even just replaced the recoil spring with a new SP02457 since that fixed the exact same problem in my Gen 2 Glock 17, but nope, it failed to feed about 50% of the time, and even had a few stove pipes and double feeds.

For what it's worth, it has the all original black parts, and I noticed the brass wasn't flying super far. They were kinda just pooping out. Often hitting my face, which was why I was sure I needed a new recoil spring but I got these symptoms even with the new one.

Any idea?

PS: I really don't think I'm limp wristing. I shoot it just like my Gen 2 17 and there's no problems there.

· MacGyver
10,803 Posts
Limp, weak ammo.:wow:

poopy, weak extraction means that the spring is stronger than the ammo charge being used. New spring (stiffer) will make it worse.

FTRTB is the sign of worn out spring.

· Just sayin'
4,682 Posts
Limp, weak ammo.:wow<snip>
I would agree with this assessment. When I first shot my new Glock 34 gen 3 a few months ago I used some weak personal defensive ammo and I had a few brass to the face. Changed up to some brand name ammo and never had an issue after that.

· Registered
1,455 Posts
I got the Gen 2 Glock 19 with 10 rds magazine with the same problem like yours.
I get the different magazine follower for it, no more problem.
Also the 15 and 17 rds magazine work fine with it.
Gen 3 32 FTF nose of bullet JAMMED into feed ramp. 10 round magazines. Took for ever to get a handle on that one! R.O. resolved it! One mag. had a spring that was at least 20% stronger than the other one and the follower in the second mag was messed up! He took the two and made one good one. [and saved (what I thought at the time) was one POS glock from saying hello to a cutting torch!! Since that day up grads have been many including 13 round mags. That gun went from the bottom of the pile to a keeper! A 9MM conversion barrel has added it to a "every time" range gun, after many parts to resolve brass to the face issues. But that's another story!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.