close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 2 conversion

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kkg23, Apr 28, 2011.

1. kkg23

kkg23

I would like to convert my Generation 2, G23 to .357 sig. I have read all the posts that i could find hear but I still have a couple of questions.
    Once I have shot the conversion enough to get comfortable with it and it's reliability I will probably not shoot alot of rounds through. I intend to carry it in the mountains here in the Pacific Northwest.
    Do I need to be worried about the frame?
    I looked at the Lonewolf web site and could not find a .357 sig barrel listed for the Glock 23. Did I just miss it?
    Please advise.

Thanks,
    KKg23

2. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

Glock Inc tells us the Gen2 frame should not be converted to 357 because it is weaker than a Gen3 and could develop cracks when shooting 357 ammunition. The good news is, we have many customers that choose otherwise. Odds are you will not be shooting many rounds so the added stress on the frae is not really that bad.... but, you need to be aware of the potential problem.
    See the G32 barrels here http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.aspx?TERM=lwd-32

3. kkg23

kkg23

Thank you for the good info. Will my Generation 2 slide work on a Gen 3 frame if I can find one? If I decide to do the gen2 conversion should I use a 20 or 22lb spring to minimize the pounding on the frame? I am new to all this and I appreciate your input.

4. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member