Gen 2 Barrel Question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Dosc5, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Dosc5

Dosc5

I've tried searching all over Google regarding this question and came up dry. I'm purchasing a Gen2 Glock 19 today and I'd like to purchase a threaded barrel for it. Can I buy a new threaded barrel for the g19 and it would work or is there a specific barrel I should be looking at. I came across one forum stating that gen4 and new gen 3 barrels work with gen 4. Older gen 3 are for older gen 3, and gen 2 for gen 2.
    So what's my best option for acquiring a threaded barrel for my pre94 gen 2 Glock 19. Links to products would be appreciated if they're available. Thank you!!

2. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

3. Porkchop8u

Porkchop8u

I have a LWD threaded barrel that was being used in my gen 3 g19 and I just acquired a gen 2 19. It fits just fine with not problem at all. I have yet to shoot that barrel though but it fits & locks up just as the OEM.

4. Dosc5

Dosc5

5. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

I have not tried it, but the recoil spring might not fit. The Gen 4 springs are a little bigger.
    [​IMG]

:cool:

6. Dosc5

Dosc5

Alright, I believe I will go with the one you recommended then but if I use my current springs with a gen 4 barrel will the rest where the sprint sits not work? Sorry for being a newcomer on this topic. Just trying to make this as hassle free as possible!