Gen 2.5? G27 value

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by jeremyt, Jan 19, 2017.

1. jeremyt

jeremyt

I've had this for several years and it's been a daily carry piece. Recently I've started shooting a lot more 9mm and I've been tossing around the idea of selling it.

I've been told that it is a generation 2.5 but I can't remember exactly why it was labeled that.

A little info:
    It is a LEO trade in with night sites
    serial number hand engraved on the mags
    Serial number CHBxxx with "US" suffix

Is this a collector or just an older glock?

What would the value be?

Thank you,

[​IMG]

2. curlysir

curlysir

2.5 because the grip is smooth between the finger grips. I have one (G27) I bought new when they first came out (BUHXXX). Probably doesn't add a lot of value but does make it a little more unique. .40 is not in favor right now, around here (NE Texas) I would expect to pay $325 to $350 for one in this condition depending on what came with it. I paid $325 for a Gen 2 22 in excellent shape and $425 for a used early Gen 3 G26 in like new condition, both of these had original boxes and 2 magazines. Price may vary due to location.

3. domino1

domino1

My humble opinion on the subject....

To be a collector piece it should not be fired (other than factory) and NIB with all accessories. If it is not that then it is used. It might be worth a little more than a used similar Glock model but you would have to find the right person to understand and appreciate the difference.

I own a 26 2.5.

4. jeremyt

jeremyt

Thanks guys. I appreciate the info.

Curlysir, I do remember reading about the smooth finger grips now that you mention it.