Glock Talk banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
839 Posts
I can't speak to whether the connector is any different in the very early pencil barrel G17s, but the trigger on my AK-prefix G17 (pencil barrel) is noticably different than all of my later Glocks. It feels spongier and less mechanical than the Glock triggers we are all use to. I've shot my pencil barrel G17 and it feels differently both dry and live firing.

Below is the only picture I have on hand. Everything is 100% original down to the non-captured RSA

· Premium Member
2,654 Posts
So, first round of testing is done. I think I'm going to redo it, but some interesting notes. Tested the following:
  1. Glock 'short' minus (current production)
  2. Glock 'long' minus (taken from a Gen 1 17LP)
  3. Glock standard (Gen 3)
  4. Glock dot (Gen 4/5)
  5. Glock plus
  6. Ghost Blue Lives
  7. Ghost 3.5
  8. Ghost Edge
Each was tested 10 times on a Gen 4 G19 that has ZERO rounds through it. Pull was measured by Lyman digital gauge.

Current Glock minus connector came in at the lightest with an average 4.08125#. Glock long minus came in with 4.578125# average. That was VERY surprising - as I expected the long minus to be less than the short minus - even if by a very small amount). Not surprisingly was that the Glock Plus came in as the heaviest at 6.91875#. Most consistent was the Ghost 3.5, with a difference of 0.275# between lightest and heaviest reading.

I'll likely do these again as I noticed the gun was a bit dry (albeit consistent through the tests). After that, I'll do a detailed blog post with the findings.

· Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So, first round of testing is done. I think I'm going to redo it, but some interesting notes. Tested the following:
  1. Glock 'short' minus (current production)
  2. Glock 'long' minus (taken from a Gen 1 17LP)
  3. Glock standard (Gen 3)
  4. Glock dot (Gen 4/5)
  5. Glock plus
  6. Ghost Blue Lives
  7. Ghost 3.5
  8. Ghost Edge
Each was tested 10 times on a Gen 4 G19 that has ZERO rounds through it. Pull was measured by Lyman digital gauge.

Current Glock minus connector came in at the lightest with an average 4.08125#. Glock long minus came in with 4.578125# average. That was VERY surprising - as I expected the long minus to be less than the short minus - even if by a very small amount). Not surprisingly was that the Glock Plus came in as the heaviest at 6.91875#. Most consistent was the Ghost 3.5, with a difference of 0.275# between lightest and heaviest reading.

I'll likely do these again as I noticed the gun was a bit dry (albeit consistent through the tests). After that, I'll do a detailed blog post with the findings.

Thank you sir. This is useful info.

· Registered
GLOCK®LESS
4,528 Posts
I had to go look thru a bunch of old Glock parts in my stash & I found a Long Minus Connector that's stainless & has an S on the bottom tab, It came out of a 2nd Gen 17L, It's polished mirror smooth.. Also found a GAP floorplate that was an extra that I used on a Gen 2.5 26 too..
IIRC I put a Ghost in the 17L way back when & when I sold it the Ghost was in it..
Never really thought much about it till I saw this thread..

Also 58sniper you where able to use a minus connector in a Gen 4 G19?
I thought that the Gen4s used a different connector??

· Premium Member
2,654 Posts
I had to go look thru a bunch of old Glock parts in my stash & I found a Long Minus Connector that's stainless & has an S on the bottom tab, It came out of a 2nd Gen 17L, It's polished mirror smooth.. Also found a GAP floorplate that was an extra that I used on a Gen 2.5 26 too..
IIRC I put a Ghost in the 17L way back when & when I sold it the Ghost was in it..
Never really thought much about it till I saw this thread..

Also 58sniper you where able to use a minus connector in a Gen 4 G19?
I thought that the Gen4s used a different connector??
Yes. My gen 4 EDC guns all have a short minus in them.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.