Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello fine folks,

Just found this old girl at a local Pawnshop
I’ve been reading about these Gen1 Ported G17L beauties mostly from the Glock Talk forums.
A lot of good info. If I read correctly made on December of ‘86. It looks parts and internals are original.
But I’m wondering the following:

1- Came with the two “U” shaped mags and the mag loader... I don’t know if these are original to the pistol.
The loader feels extremely thin compared to the newer ones and very much correct for the era.
2- I have not seen BD as part of the “accepted” g17L ported prefixes... it looks just like many other factory ported barrels shown in these threads: port placement, shape, number etc. but I still wonder if the porting would be considered factory made.(Edit: it’s is a DB015US) sorry for my Dyslexia!!
3- Sights and internals all original? (Trigger is of the smooth conviction)
4- No box, papers or the rest of the accessories so I wonder about today’s value. The frame is 98% but the finish on thenslidehas suffered some and its 80% at best?!

In any case, the gun feels so light and skinny. It’s amazing how much beefier the G17s have gotten through the years. Love the feel and love the trigger thus far.

Thank you for y’all’s kind help.

(Don’t know why so many of the same pic got loaded... sorry)

Air gun Trigger Wood Grey Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Rectangle Tool Wood Font Everyday carry
Tool Office supplies Wood Knife Kitchen utensil
Air gun Wood Everyday carry Shotgun Office supplies
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Rectangle Tool Wood Font Everyday carry
Tool Office supplies Wood Knife Kitchen utensil
Air gun Wood Everyday carry Shotgun Office supplies

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Outstanding! Congratulations!
You should post this over in the collectors forum as those guys will have the answers you are looking for.

·
Federal Member
29,741 Posts
Outstanding find!!

Gotta ask, what did you pay for it?

I used to scout pawn shops all the time. I need to start doing it again.

Reactions: HAMMERHEAD

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Outstanding find!!

Gotta ask, what did you pay for it?

I used to scout pawn shops all the time. I need to start doing it again.
interestingly, the had the pistol with one mag for one price and in another shelf had the the other mag with the loader on top as a different sale item. So when I stared haggling I asked to see the random Glock mag they had for sale. When he gave it to me I could tell immediately they were supposed to be together. The pistol was marked $590 +tax and the mag&holder $20... walked out with the lofor $600 flat.

Will post on the collectors side then as well. I am curious about the answer.

thank,you!

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Great find, very good price for 2021.
Mine is a gen 3 17L in great shape, but I hate the slippery finish on the slide.
Would rather have the gen 1 finish even though they show wear.
Congrats.

·
Federal Member
29,741 Posts
interestingly, the had the pistol with one mag for one price and in another shelf had the the other mag with the loader on top as a different sale item. So when I stared haggling I asked to see the random Glock mag they had for sale. When he gave it to me I could tell immediately they were supposed to be together. The pistol was marked $590 +tax and the mag&holder $20... walked out with the lofor $600 flat.

Will post on the collectors side then as well. I am curious about the answer.

thank,you!
I would have bought it also!!!

(y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great find, very good price for 2021.
Mine is a gen 3 17L in great shape, but I hate the slippery finish on the slide.
Would rather have the gen 1 finish even though they show wear.
Congrats.
A never experienced the Gen1 feel and it’s excellent!! Slim, nice finish, love the mag extraction half moon and the front beveling and so light!!! Like it a lot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts