Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a local gun store browsing and to my suprise was a Gen 1 G17 for sale. Price was $420 plus tax (6 percent) came with original box and 2 mags. Condition used, but not bad at all. Also next to it was a Model G22 second gen Detroit Police Dept. turn in, Box and 3 mags. $425. All the while I've been wanting a second gen model 19 (I prefer no finger grooves)which there was none. I really would like some advice on that gen one g17.
Thanks,
ES

·
Registered
48 Posts
the price on the 17 seems o.k., I have seen 1st gen 17's in my area for around 350-400,but don't see that many around in gun shops here. I would buy just for the fact that you don't see them that often. good luck and be safe.

·
Registered
20,760 Posts
the price on the 17 seems o.k., I have seen 1st gen 17's in my area for around 350-400,but don't see that many around in gun shops here. I would buy just for the fact that you don't see them that often. good luck and be safe.

:wow:

i would have bought it in a sec.

the only one around here is at a gunshow all the time for $650+:upeyes:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I don't recall ever seeing a gen one (not any time recent years) so i figured they were somewhat "rare" now. I'll hold out for the "coveted" G19.
Later
ES

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Picked up a Gen 1 G17 at local pawnshop, Prefix AU, That would date it July 87

·
Florida Cracker
1,948 Posts
Now that I have a 19 without the grooves, I'd like to get a 17 to match it. I like my current 17, but somehow I think I'd love a grooveless one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts