Glock Talk banner

Geco Ammo

12334 Views 21 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  kirgi08
I've seen this ammo on the Aim Surplus web site but have never tried it. Prices are good it would seem. Anyone here ever tried it?
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
16,885 Posts
I've got it in .45ACP, 9mm and .380ACP. Along with Magtech, some of the better inexpensive ammo. I'll take Geco over Winchester or UMC any day, as it is usually 5 to 10 cents a round cheaper and shoots just fine, if you buy in quantity.

Reactions: WeeWilly

· Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got it in .45ACP, 9mm and .380ACP. Along with Magtech, some of the better inexpensive ammo. I'll take Geco over Winchester or UMC any day, as it is usually 5 to 10 cents a round cheaper and shoots just fine, if you buy in quantity.
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll pick up some .45acp.

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Owned by RUAG, who also owns RWS, Rottweil and Norma in addition to GECO. Never tried it, but with that pedigree, it's probably good stuff.

wp

· Watcher.
41,319 Posts
Try their 115grn +p+,it's fairly hot and g19 and sw915 likes it.'08.

Reactions: Jason D

· Registered
782 Posts
Currently, there are discussions in German gun forums, concerning incrasing incidents of guns, destroyed by Geco 9x19 124 grain fmj ammo, made in EU.
It seems, that there are single overloaded cartridges.

I don't know how widely used this ammo is in the US, so I write this for your information.

· Registered
1,314 Posts
Yea & I found out that in 9mm,124gr it is hotter that the Winchester NATO ammo. I like to shoot that out of my CZ'S,75 so why pay more for the NATO ammo. I will keep the NATO ammo for shtf stockpile.
This has been my experience too. It's loaded a little hotter and my CZ's love it!

· Registered
1,642 Posts
I have used it and it is a little hot like other have stated. Of the 500 rounds that I bought I have now reloaded the Geco brass 8 more times and have not had any split cases or other case failures. It is good brass.

· Registered
211 Posts
Currently, there are discussions in German gun forums, concerning incrasing incidents of guns, destroyed by Geco 9x19 124 grain fmj ammo, made in EU.
It seems, that there are single overloaded cartridges.

I don't know how widely used this ammo is in the US, so I write this for your information.
Wie gehts Uncle Walther. What are the problems you are seeing in the EU with the Geco 124gr fmj? What guns have experienced problems?

· Registered
782 Posts
Hi Felix,
It seems, that there are single cardridges with double loads. In a small German online community, four destroyed guns has been reported (there are only a few hundred users, so it seems to be a unusual accumulation).
The destroyed guns are Glock 19, Sig Sauer P226, CZ 75 Shadow and a Tanfoglio.

Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Airsoft gun

· Registered
18,795 Posts
I have shot maybe 4-5K rounds of the 124gr 9mm Luger ammo from Geco. When I was shooting it, it was very high quality ammo, if a bit stout, more like NATO stuff.

The bullets were ferrous with a gilding metal plating, big sparks when they hit a bullet trap.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy it if I needed 9mm ammo and the price was right.

· Registered
782 Posts
Originally, Geco was a brand of german manufacturer Dynamit Nobel.
Years ago, they sold the brand to Ruag ammotech, Switzerland.

In the first time, Ruag sold Geco labeled, swiss made ammo. Then, they outsourced the production of 124 gr. fmj to eastern Europe (labeled "Made in EU") and from this moment, the sh*t begins.

So within the last years, when someone complains the poor quality of Geco ammo, a lot of gun owners in Germany where confused, because they still had good quality swiss or german made ammo.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.