close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gecko45 and his ilk...

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by atimetobuild, Oct 25, 2006.

1. atimetobuild

atimetobuild Tactibilly

I am not trying to stir up trouble.

I was just wanting to read old troll posts for the humor value, and I noticed someone referring to some "all time great trolls," like Gecko45, Gunkid, HiSpeedLoDrag, and SecurityOffice.

I tried searching for posts by them, but no results came up. I assume the Admins deleted them or something to keep the forum on track. It seems like leaving them locked would harmless enough, though. Like I said, I am not trying to stir up trouble, I was just curious from a humor perspective.

Does anyone know about this? Are old troll posts deleted, or was I just not performing the right search.

Ok, one more time: I am new here. I hope I am not "opening up a can of worms." If so, I apologize.

2. Navy HMC

Navy HMC

That would be a question to ask the moderators. Yeah, he was humorous if he didn't take himself seriously

I would hazard a guess that since his various user id's were locked and he is once again in the custody of the feds, his posts are now in question and either deleted or locked.

and now, back to the lighter side: 10 bunnys with a pancakes on their heads!

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

3. atimetobuild

atimetobuild Tactibilly

I am going to post this in the help forum... should have done that in the first place. Thanks for your reply, Navy HMC.

4. Rabid Rabbit

Rabid Rabbit

If you do a web search using his various names you will find his threads scattered thoughout the shooting community and I've found some people created archives as a shrine to gunkid stupidity.

5. atimetobuild

atimetobuild Tactibilly

6. vafish

vafish

I've always heard that there is a very fine line between brilliance and insanity.

When I read posts like those I sometimes wonder am I reading the work of a truly brilliant fiction writer who is having a lot of fun jerking peoples chains. Or are they just totally off their rocker.

7. MtnManNH

MtnManNH A Simple Man

ROFLMAO... Vafish makes an excellent point, fictionally brilliant or reality impaired?

8. atimetobuild

atimetobuild Tactibilly

I see him sorta like a "fishing guide." :supergrin:

9. atimetobuild

atimetobuild Tactibilly

Seems to me if I had a server that was host to the original "Mall Ninja" thread, I would be proud of it.

10. TexasFats

TexasFats NRA, TSRA, SAF

Point of order! Those are not bunnies. They look more like Guinea Pigs to me.

11. Navy HMC

Navy HMC

:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: You'ld look like a guinea pig too if you were a rabbit with a pancake on your head...

Objection overruled, next case!
    :supergrin: :animlol: :supergrin: :animlol: :supergrin: :animlol: :supergrin: :animlol: :supergrin: :animlol:

12. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

Guinea pigs and bunnies are closely related. The have a piggish look due to the pancake partially obscuring their ears.

13. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

Gecko45 writes:

hello friends,

Last year I made the decision to trust my life on the street to Second Chance body armor. I got the level IIa because it stops the most rounds. plus I got the Trauma Plate for the front.

What scares me is that, although I can fit an extra trauma plate in the front, I cannot fit a second one in back. As of late I have taken to duct-taping a second trauma plate to the area of my back where the heart and vital organs are located. Then I put my vest on.

Here is the questions. The ducttape solution, although tactically sound, is hot and painful to remove. I would like to go to the single-plate solution in back. What I am worried about is repeated hits to that area with .308 ammunition. I have a high-risk security job and I fear that I would be the target for repeated long-distance shots to my back.

Are any of you aware of a thicker plate that could stop, say, .338 Lapua or something like that? Is there a better way to do the second plate?

BTW, I am, of course, usually carrying a pair of ceramic plates in my briefcase so that I can shield my head. My SO (we work as a team when necessary) has a similar accessory containing a breakdown NEF single-shot 300 WinMag with an 18 bbl. The plan is that I shield us with my body and gcatch the roundsh while she assembles the NEF. I lay down covering fire with my 23 (Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel) and she makes the long shots. I will then throw smoke grenades to obscure the area while continuing to lay covering fire. The problem, of course, is when I have to turn my back to run, and then the problem crops up.

Thanks!

Oh man, those were the days.

14. sario528

sario528 Nobody Home

Are you sure those are pancakes? They look odd.

15. Frijj

Frijj

Oh my god that thread is soooo funny!:rofl:

In one post he is a Leiutenant(spelling?) and in another one he is a sergeant! And he has a team leader! Is the team leader a General?:animlol:
    Did these guys actually believe they could fool experienced shooters ( I'm guessing some posters are LEO as well).
    I have saved that web page to my laptop so I when I'm feeling down I can have a good laugh!

16. atimetobuild

atimetobuild Tactibilly

Hey- would you mind emailing it to me?

17. Frijj

Frijj

No problem,
    There are 2 pages I have pasted in wordpad which is the thread from Glock talk, and 4 pages from HK. they are quite similar in places but funny none the less.

In the glock talk thread he's the sergeant:

'It's okay for me to talk about my job, as long as I'm not specific. I am the Sergeant of a three-man Rapid Tactical Force at one of America's largest indoor retail shopping areas'

.....and on the HK thread he's a 'liutenant' (his spelling):

'To answer your question about where I work and what I guard, I the liutenant of a 3 man Rapid Tactical Force Team, in one of the nation's largest indoor retail shopping centers'

have fun reading them!

18. Frijj

Frijj