GATE Glock Pistol Forum

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ricklee4570, Mar 8, 2010.

1. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

What does everyone think about this section of the forum? I asked one question, got an answer that was so far off target it made me think he didnt even read my post very thoroughly, and when I responded, nothing.

Hmmmmmm, interesting. I think I would have been better off posting about my problem in here instead.

2. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

What makes a person an expert?
    Experts are normally only correct 50% of the time, in my opinion.

I understand the concept of the GATE, but I don't believe it will catch on, People are more likely to post in the open forums, so that they get more information from several different people. One answer never satisfies me, i like the differences in opinions, ideas, and thoughts.

I have no desire to ever post in those sections.

edit: I just went over there and saw some of the answers.... Wow... am I really disappointed... I AM NOT an expert, but could've answered many of those better in the open forums.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010

3. lil'Zeus

lil'Zeus

I made a post the first day the GATE stuff showed up in the NFA section and yet to have a response...I'm just patiently waiting...

4. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Although you shouldn't have to, depress the firing pin safety with the muzzle end of the slide pointing down so that firing pin is all the way forward before you put the slide on the frame. The firing pin will hold the safety in the depressed position while you assemble it.

When you next get to a GSSF match or a 'Glock Days' event at a dealer, have the factory armorer take a look at it. But I wouldn't be too surprised if it stops being a problem after using it a while.

5. Butch

I'm not finding your post in the GATE NFA forum (or by searching all of your posts).

You posted and it didn't show up at all? Maybe that particular forum isn't actually open yet? I'd say you should PM a moderator to inquire......or try posting your question again.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  6. 125K9

125K9

Butch, I remember you from my first time as a member on GT a few years ago. I always enjoyed, and appreciated your posts as I could learn from them in a positive way. Of course, I always enjoyed old Walter's posts too, as long as they were aimed at someone besides me.:whistling:

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I still keep in touch with old Walter.:cool:

8. Butch

Hah! Thanks.

I try to control myself most of the time, but I do sometimes get an overwhelming urge to dispense some Paxil too. Like the 'my loaded magazine rattles when I shake it' threads.....my response has more often gotten to be something like "STOP SHAKING IT". :)

9. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

Agreed 100%

10. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

From what I understand, It wont show untill it gets answered..

11. Glock+2

Glock+2

Exactly !!!

12. jensen_lover

jensen_lover

I will probably get a citation for this. It seems that section is overkill. The GlockTalk main forum is where I would ask any question. If an expert wants to chime in, great. Why would we ask a question to only one person when we could ask ten people? I realize some answers will be wrong but the one answer you get could easily be wrong. On azbilliards they added a review subforum each for cases, cues and whatnot. There is already sections to ask for or give reviews. It is an entire section taking care of a problem that does not exist.