Glock 19 Gaston Glock Patents.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by seebee62, Sep 24, 2018.

1. seebee62

seebee62

With the release of the Glock 45 and it being the 45th Patent. I was curious about the 44th patent. I found some other patents for Gaston Glock at this link

https://patents.justia.com/inventor/gaston-glock

I was surprised at the second patent listed on this site and it’s pretty recent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

Thanks for posting. Here’s an interesting one

Patent number: 8387295
    Abstract: A handgun having a device for ascertaining the shot count has electronics having a microprocessor (18) and a memory which may be read out, as well as an acceleration sensor (22), which detects the acceleration of the firearm in at least one spatial direction. Reference values for the intensity curve of the acceleration measured by the acceleration sensor (22) upon firing the weapon are stored in the memory. The microprocessor (18) is designed in such a way that it outputs a count pulse to the memory in the event of positive comparison of an intensity curve of the acceleration measured using the acceleration sensor to the reference values stored in the memory.
    Type: Grant
    Filed: November 20, 2007
    Date of Patent: March 5, 2013
    Inventor: Gaston Glock

I wonder if that’s why this thingey seems to be perpetually unavailable? I really want one but maybe Glock sent a cease and desist to the manufacturer??

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FRRJD4...colid=4BDZLBM8QPTX&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

3. Dr glock19

Dr glock19

You can buy round digital counters

4. Chowser

Chowser

45th patent?

Is there confirmation of this or just someone’s guess.

Glock’s numbering scheme is just their weird way of numbering things. 17 was the 17 but I doubt the 45 is their 45th.

Mr Meeseeks likes this.
  5. dudel

dudel

Gaston has solved Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I wonder if he Tennifered his lower GI?

6. Mike-M

Mike-M

What a wildly patently absurd conclusion to draw from the "G17 was Glock's 17th patent" story!

Chowser and Mr Meeseeks like this.
  7. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

Looks Like He solved a Problem his Wife was having too.

8. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

I heard that CAIR was granted a firearm patent that included a solenoid activated striker safety that is actuated by a onboard processor that uses AI to determine through the use of visual sensors that a threat is indeed harmful. It has wifi access and uses facial recognition to identify the threat and uses social media, FBI files, private security cameras and all other "big brother" sources of intelligence.

The striker safety will allow firing immediately if the "threat is found to be:

a) white, or
    b) christian, Jewish, or
    c) LEO, or
    d) a Trump supporter at any point in time

and prevents firing if the "threat" is:

a) an endangered species according to PETA, or
    b) an illegal alien, or
    c) a muslim or supporter of Jihad

This patent also incorporates the utilization of a microphone and speech recognition software to automatically select "automatic fire" after sensing the phrase "Allah hu Akbar". After which, the visual sensor and associated logic will be overridden.

9. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

Lol! I agree that smart gun patents are creepy. Maybe Glock just wanted to get ahead of the game in case LE agencies eventually mandate it. It’s even possible they filed the patent to make sure the technology isn’t used (think capture and kill copyright strategy).

Either way, I just want the cool shot counter I linked on Amazon!

10. Catshooter

Catshooter

seebee62,

Glock called the commercial version of his first pistol (the P82, the 82 being the year) the 17 as it was his seventeenth product. Then he almost always used the next number up for a model change or caliber change, but not always. For example the 17s that were produced in 9x21 were still called 17s.

Cat

11. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

An Internet myth right up there with "the EPA banned tennniffer under the Obama administration".

Chowser likes this.
  12. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Is this a joke?

TREATMENT OF VAGINITIS
    Publication number: 20170136060
    Abstract: Treatment of vaginal mycoses, bacterial vaginoses, and other forms of the vaginitis (inflammation of the ******) by clinoptilolite having a particle size of between 0.2 and 10 ?m. Clinoptilolite, when used externally, is effective in the treatment of these vaginal disorders in mammals and humans, and also for restoring a healthy vaginal microbiota. The clinoptilolite may be used with one or more of the following adjuvants: pharmaceutically acceptable carrier materials, viable microorganisms and/or extracts thereof, nutrients for the healthy vaginal microbiota (e.g. lactose, etc.), and/or substances which favorably influence the vaginal environment for the healthy vaginal microbiota (e.g. estradiol, organic acids, etc.). The composition used may be applied locally, preferably in one of the following administration forms: foam, suppository, vaginal tablet, ovule, gel, aerosol, powder, rinse, ******, cream/ointment, or suspension.
    Type: Application
    Filed: November 11, 2016
    Publication date: May 18, 2017
    Inventor: Gaston GLOCK

13. seebee62

seebee62

I doubt if it’s a joke. Big money in pharmaceutical patents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  14. RichardB

RichardB Matthew 25:31-46

Patents are not forever.

15. soutthpaw

soutthpaw

Looks like he got into healthcare innovation as well. Because that's a lucrative field for business

16. RichardB

RichardB Matthew 25:31-46

Gaston Glock Jr is the head of Glock Health