Gas masks and respirators

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Westexas, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Westexas

Westexas

If you’re on a tight budget, this is the way to go. This will provide good overall protection if you happen to wind up in the middle of a riot.

By the way, those of you who think that could never happen where you live? Guess again!

We had a van full of Antifa snowflakes show up in Abilene a few days ago. Something like that happening in an ultra conservative city like this is tantamount to a snowstorm in July around here.

I’m running into more people with prepping questions lately.

HouGlock likes this.
  2. HouGlock

HouGlock

Aceman, do you see a problem with this statement?
    unless breathing/oxygen is part of etc., then your priorities are a bit out of line

The ability to breath and filter out harmful A/B/C components should get a lot of our attention. I have hundreds of N95 masks (with and without valves), several 3M 6000 series respirators, full face respirators, N95 surgical masks, a nanofilter mask (no longer made), and my go to for the current situation, an industrial N95 respirator, North 4200 series CFR-1 reusable particulate respirator. I have several boxes of replacement filters, but they last very long, easy on and off, easy to change the filter, gives a great seal, I have been very happy with them. Almost impossible to get now. I originally put all this in place in prep for the bird flu back in 2006ish. It was very comforting when all this mess happened, to have these preps in place. I have been able to help many others besides myself. I also wear goggles.

I felt very strongly back in Jan/Feb that this was airborn based on the way it spread, and am on record with friends and family as saying so, and sounding the warning early, so was wearing a mask before it was acceptable. Since the early 2000's I have kept an eye open for pandemics, so was onto this before most, I'm high risk, so I wasn't taking any chances. I'm not smarter than everyone else, I just kept my eyes open for this as it was clear it was just a matter of time. I'm afraid there is more to come.

Geez, just re read above, I kinda sound like I've become LG1! (he was well known for touting his vast preps). Sorry Aceman, not trying to be harsh/confrontational or call you out, just trying to emphasize a point

Westexas and Mr Meeseeks like this.

3. HouGlock

HouGlock

I have been getting the same, almost everyone comments on my mask/goggles, which leads to healthy discussions many times. I have found that if I don't take it personal, and have a kind response, many times it will drive productive dialogue

flyover and Westexas like this.
  4. Westexas

Westexas

What do you have for full face respirators? We have 2 MSA Ultratwins and one 3M 7800. None of these are CBRN rated since they’re silicone rubber.

We do have two Israeli 4A1 gas masks which are NBC rated (butyl rubber).

We have a bunch of CBRN cartridges and canisters as well. We also have 6 RD-40 canisters.

5. HouGlock

HouGlock

I forgot about the Israeli stuff, got a box full of masks and extra filters. I don't remember the brand of my best ones, each one comes in its own sealed container, will have to pull it out and check