GAP Base-plate legal ????

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Dennis T, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Dennis T

Dennis T

Hello !!!!!
    Thinking of entering my first GSSR match here in Missoula MT. mid July. I will be shooting the Amateur Sub Compact Class with a Glock 33. I have put the GAP baseplates on all of my magazines. Can't really see that it creates any unfair advantage over the "allowed" Pearce Grip. (Rule 40.30 #3) Has any one else used these neat finger grips ? And who would I contact to see if they are allowed.
    Here is their website .....

http://www.concealablecontrol.com/products.html

Thanks alot !
    Dennis in MT

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Sorry but per www.gssfonline.com rules 40.30 the only ones authorized are the Pearce and Glock # 7151 . :thumbsup:

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Ditto. Remove them or shoot in Unlimited/Masters category.

4. Dennis T

Dennis T

Thanks Don and Danny for the immediate response and clarification. I will purchase the Pearce extensions. They have a plus one model available, along with the extension only model. Is it allowed, and if so are 10 bullets allowed in the GL 33. And lastly how many magazines should you have per match?

5. DannyR

You may be happier with the factory #7151 bases. They should be more reliable than the Pearce units.You may load your G33 with 10+1 rounds. I would suggest 4 mags as minimum. I normally carry 11 per entry.

6. gary newport

gary newport

The Pearce extensions (there are several models) work just fine and, to the best of my recollection, GSSF does not specify a particular Pearce baseplate or mag extension, so any should be acceptable on subcompacts. The Pearce PG-2733 and PG-39 look like something specifically designed for use on the subcompacts and offer a more comfortable purchase than the factory 7151--which looks a bit like an afterthought. On the other hand, I prefer the 7151 for compact and full-size magazines because the Pearce units, with their finger groove, make the larger pistols appear to have been designed for six-fingered shooters! :shocked:

7. Dennis T

Dennis T

Hey Guys ! Thanks again for all the imput and opinions. As stated before ..... haven't been in a GSSF match before nor have I studied the rule book. So next question .... shot my GL 33 today with the Pearce extension and without. Shot constently better groups and follow up shots without the extension. (odd I know, but this is how I have practiced ..... and am comfortable with the stock two finger grip) So my question is .....how is this a disadvantage to the shooters who have the higher than the stock 9 capacity magazine. Is their a limit to how many shots you can fire in a match? I Appologize for my ignorance of the sport.
    thanks Dennis

8. DannyR

There are three stages in a GSSF match. Each stage has a maximum round count per string of fire:

5ToGlock: 10 rounds required and you may only fire 10 rounds per string. 3 strings of fire.

GlockM: 10 rounds required but you may load and fire the 11th at steel if needed. 3 strings of fire

Steel Plates: 6 rounds required but you may fire up to 11. 4 strings of fire.

Some folks would use G32 mags in ther G33, which is allowed.

9. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Danny gave you the stages and how many strings to fire. You shoot 10+1 in the pipe as allowed. You don't have to use, but it's there if you miss. This is true off all categories except Master Subcompact. That one, I think you can only load 7. I think it's 6+1 in the pipe. People who shoot that division tell me if I'm wrong. I hope to see you at a GSSF outdoor match and good luck.

10. gary newport

gary newport

The eleventh round can be used for a miss on steel (plates or poppers) but not on cardboard. For the Five To Glock, the eleventh round is really only useful if one has a malfunction--and how often does that happen with a Glock! ;)