close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GAP Base-plate legal ????

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Dennis T, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Dennis T

Dennis T

Just got my GAP magazine bottoms today. Put them on my Glock 33 and immediately felt comfortable with them. They solved the minor problem that I have had since purchasing the Glock 33...... gun shift after the 4th or 5th shot round. I have tried the Pierce extensions, and really didn't like them. I had no problem at all with my pinky resting under the gun. It was just the shifting of the gun after mutiple rounds. This GAP extension fixed the shifting problem. I will probably order 2 more for spare magazines.
    The GSSF shooting match is coming to my home town June 24th (Missoula MT.) I was thinking of entering (My first organized shooting event) and was wondering if these base plate extensions are allowed in the stock SUB class. I notice that they allow the Pierce extension ........ any of you guys know ???

Thanks Dennis in MT

Dennis

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Are you referring to the Glock P/N 7151 +2 extension or what?

3. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

Don- I think he's talking about a base plate that a company called GAP(no relation to Glock's G-37-38 or39) makes...
    IIRC it's kinda like a Pearce+0 with the finger thingy- but thinner and more just like a "finger hook".
    You'd have to check the rulebook on the official GSSF site- but for
    they way I read the rules, the part would be illegal to use in an outdoor offical GSSF match.
    I believe Pearce is the only aftermkt bp's allowed.

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The only ones legal are Glock's extended bases and Pearce. Scherer, Grams, Arrendo, GAP, etc. are not allowed in GSSF stock categories.

You may use G32 magazines in your G33, but not with A&G grip sleeves.

I suggest you try Glock's #7151 bases.

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Rikki;
    Thanks for the info I am not familiar with those. Guess I am not too old to learn. ;)

6. gary newport

gary newport

While the 7151 "+" baseplates are made by Glock, the Pearce baseplates/extensions generally look and feel better in my opinion. Pearce makes several variations but the PG-2733, in particular, looks like it BELONGS on subcompact mags! I like the PG-2733 on my G26 and it or the PG-39 on my G39.

7. Dennis T

Dennis T

Thanks Guys for the imput and clarification !!!!
    You have probably noticed by my posts that I am fairly new to shooting, and certainly very new to the rules and politics of organized shooting.
    My intention in signing up for a GSSF event was to shoot the weapon that I comfortably carry. I was excited that I would be given the opportunity to shoot at more than just a paper 25 YD bulls eye target. Plus the experience of other veteran shooters offering me advice and tips on quick front sight acquisition etc, etc.
    The base plate manufactured by GAP is simply a horizontal extension of the bottom of the baseplate, designed to stop the 3 finger grip from slipping. The GSSF "allowed" magazine extensions afford the shooter the ability to 4 finger support the grip. Seems to me that this would be much more of a support advantage than the GAP extension??
    With all this being said I will certainly respect the rules of the SUB class GSSF event ......... and shoot my 33 totally stock ..... which is closer to the way that I carry, than putting a pearce extension, or longer model magazine on it.
    Hopefully the picture that I copy to this post will show you the point that I am trying to make .......http://www.concealablecontrol.com/

8. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

I think you could use your GAP baseplates on the mags and shoot it in the unlimited class...somebody else can confirm that.
    The UL class would be a chance to see how well you shoot it with the GAP base plates.
    +1 on going thru the course with your carry gun- I LIKE the way you're thinkin'!

9. drcohen

drcohen TetraGunCare

Pearce makes a quality product.