Gangs using rifles in Chiraq

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jamie Haley, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Jamie Haley

Jamie Haley

Something I wouldn't have thought would happen, that gangs in core urban areas are using, and perhaps preferring to use, rifles in their gang-banging activities.

I've got enough of a challenge when ccw-ing a G42 pistol (.380) AIWB. Please, not too many jokes at my expense.

Wonder how the gangbangers discretely walk down a sidewalk in the hood with a rifle on them. Are rain coats back in stye again? Or is it that, in the hood, a long black coat is always in season?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...fles-chicago-violence-met-20170223-story.html

Ya gotta wonder about a city when a part of it is called something like "Back of the Yards". But then I was brought up in the country, so I probably don't know too much about how them city folks (especially gangbangers) think.

In the article was this:
    Police say this is the only area of the city where rifles styled after AR-15s and AK-47s are regularly used, a menacing new development in the gang fights. It's unclear how many of the high-powered rifles are on the street, but police suspect they are being passed around by members of four Hispanic gangs in the Deering police district, which covers parts of the South and Southwest sides.​

Would AR-15s be considered to be "high-powered rifles"? Others may perhaps want to opine on that. Anyhow.

I really liked this comment below that article:
    "Surely, more laws will stop this unlawful behavior!"​
    That was quite insightful, imo. :D

janice6 likes this.
  2. -JCN-

-JCN-

HarlDane, Jamie Haley and janice6 like this.

3. HarlDane

HarlDane

Yep, used to be a working class neighborhood made up of German, Irish and Eastern European immigrants located near the stock and railroad yards.

4. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Any good roof tops. A solid bolt action with good glass will beat a chewed up WASR that is good for 100 yards if you do the work.

5. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Just because the media says it, don't make it true :)

Leftist media has been trying to get assault weapons banned for years by associating them with gangs.

6. HalfHazzard

HalfHazzard Señor Member

They must have tax stamps for a SBR to be able to fit them into their pants.

Fred Hansen likes this.
  7. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

I can remember pictures of youths in Cabrini Green with .22 semi rifles stuffed down their pants. They broke the but stocks off and wrapped the wooden shards with silver duct tape. Nothing new IMHO. tom.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  8. Binge&Purge

Binge&Purge Making B&P Great Again

If it makes their aim any better, and takes more democrats off the streets, I am all for it.

9. Binge&Purge

Binge&Purge Making B&P Great Again

I don't doubt the CLEO would approve it, if they are democrats in good standing.

10. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Exploring Alternate Routes

Gang bangers have been using rifles for decades. Drive by's and when needing more fire power.
    I rally don't know if they are walking the streets with them in the open, but a bat bag, tennis bag, guitar case, etc works fine for concealment.
    The difference now is the Liberal News Mafia making a case, and you just hear about it now. It is in more places than Ciraq as you put it. They think we need more laws, don't ya know.

Cheers

Caver 60 likes this.
  11. EdTracker

EdTracker GTDS Lifetime Member

I would not be surprised if the libs were actually supplying the hood rats with rifles Fast and Furious style. You heard it here first. :p

ithaca_deerslayer likes this.