close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gander Mountain...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jeeps, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Jeeps

Jeeps Millennium Member

...thinks that charging a lot of money for handguns is okay!

Wow...I went today and was stunned by the prices. :wow:

2. cobra4246

cobra4246

They have had high prices for a long time

3. minnshooter

minnshooter

Gander Mountain= sucks

4. xRUSTYx

xRUSTYx 9mm Fanboy

Will never buy a gun there .... Terrible prices!

5. Jeeps

Jeeps Millennium Member

I've never been....I usually support my local gun dealer...but wow, I was floored.

6. RJ 71

RJ 71

The gander mtn here had a gen 3 27 for 699.00 picked mine up a couple days later at the lgs for $529.00. The sad part is every time I go in there they are selling guns as fast as they can.

7. Jeeps

Jeeps Millennium Member

Yeah! The place was packed.

8. Cybercowboy

Cybercowboy Support the 2nd

Went on an ammo hunt today for the hell of it. Hit two LGS, Academy, and Wally World. LGS #1 had two new G26's for - get this - $699 each. LGS #2 had a Gen 3 G20 and G21 for $649 and $549 respectively. Well within reason. They looked new, not sure if they were. Academy and Wal-Mart had one Glock between them, a G23 I think. I did pick up a whopping 20 rounds of .223 at Academy, not cheap though. Just all I was allowed to buy - 20 rds of Hornady 40 grain V-MAX for $18.

9. NailShooter

NailShooter

I've noticed the exact same thing at my GM. They are a min of $100 higher on many guns than other local stores and people are lined up to pay it. I stopped in there the other day and there were 5 people working guns--all had a customer. :dunno:

Nail

10. reminiz

reminiz

So, if you are a GSSF member, they have to give it to you at the GSSF price, right? Regardless of what the price tag says?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. jtmac

jtmac Señor Member

If people didn't buy them, Gander Mountain wouldn't sell them at that price.

Sometimes you are a person that has the money and is willing to part with it to get what you want now. Most of the time, though, it's just an idiot that has no sense.

The former, I just sigh and accept the facts of life. The second I want to throttle for ruining a good thing.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  12. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

13. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Gander and Bass Pro is for looking at guns not for buying. Unless it's one of the rare sales that is a good price, only a fool buys guns there.

Then they try to sell on a gun site for "Just what I gave".....they want you to pay for their mistake.

14. RJ 71

RJ 71

Exactly. When I want to go check something out I don't intend to buy right at that moment that's where I go. I always feel bad wasting the time of the local guys if I'm not in the market to buy at that time.

15. VinnieD

VinnieD

I've gotten a few good deals on used guns at Gander Mountain. I rarely buy new from them though. I got my Dan Wesson there for $200. They really didn't know what they had. Honestly, it seems like they sell the label. If it's a new big name brand, they'll jack up the price, but a used gun that isn't a Glock, Smith, Colt, or a Sig they're eager to get rid of.

16. fjrdc

fjrdc

Duck Hill = total waste of time .

17. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

They cater to the Range Rover and Volvo crowd. I doubt most of them notice a little thing like an extra couple hundred tacked onto the price. We have one near here and we stop in once in a while, nice selection of beef jerky and womens sweaters. Nice selection of guns too, but the prices are always absurd. Still you see guys and couples standing in line to buy the latest and greatest black 8 shot shotgun or CCH handgun.

Olde English Outfitters is my LGS of choice as long as they maintain their present business practices which include gouging = NO and treating people with respect = YES.

18. ScottC.

ScottC.

Same here. Just bought a SR1911 there last weekend. I do know that Gander Mtn WILL price match Olde English but I never bought a gun from them.

19. norton

norton

Bought my brand new S/W 629 .44 mag at G/M for $500. They were running a sale and I had a coupon.
    I haven't bought a gun there in a long time though. And I really hate it they no longer stock reloading components and equipment.

20. OGW

OGW NRA, SAF

My policy regarding "price matching," regardless of the product, is to buy from the merchant who set the price, not the one who matches it.