close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Gander Mountain Pricing

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by kevfan, Aug 31, 2003.

1. kevfan

kevfan

I was in Gander Mountain in North Canton, OH this weekend and I was suprised at the pricing. They had good prices on most Glocks. They had a good selection of different models and makes. $489 for a new G17 and G19. If you open a Gander Mountain charge, you will receive 10% off purchases over $299.

They had a nice G17 used (looked new) for $439. With the 10% discount, it was tough to pass up... but I did.

They have Winchester White Box Value packs for 11.99 (buck more than Walmart).

Again, just suprised at the pricing when compared to some local gun shops.

2. Aces

Aces

Surprised too. When I shopped for a 17 last fall, I was in the Gander you refer to, and they had them for $549. And yes the local shops around my area were even worse. Ended up traveling about an huor away to Ashland- Fin, Feather and Fur; $479.
    People in this area must just shell out what ever they ask.
    Whereabouts in OH you live?

3. nigneil146

nigneil146

The Gander around here has great prices also. The only thing is a bunch of ***holes who don't know anything about guns but think they are gun gods work there. :( When I was looking around for the best price on my Kimber, I stopped at Gander and asked them to order on for me. I was looking for a Compact and the guy looked at me like I was stupid. I preceded to explain to him what it was, a 4" barrel and officers size frame, and was told "a creature like that doesn't exist".;Q

Bunch of ***holes I say.

4. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man

I was in Gander Mtn in Green Bay, Wi in June. Glocks were $599. They had a Baretta 92 Inox "United we Stand" for $639. Had to have it.

;f

5. kevfan

kevfan

Aces.. sent you a PM.

Thanks

Kevin

6. Matt VDW

Matt VDW Millennium Member

I just visited that Gander Mountain store in North Canton (the one near I-75 and "The Strip", right?) in July. They had everything in the store on sale at 10% off, so I got a new G27 for about $440.

Ah, life is good. ;f

7. STANMAN

STANMAN I HATE RICERS!!

You can never find a local price that is cheaper than Gander MOuntains price. I am crazy you say? Well, if you find a price that is lower within 30 miles of any Gander store, they will match it, and give you the differance, as long as it's under $100. Don't believe me? I should know, I work there and watch people rape us every day on stuff. As an employee all I can do is laugh. It's not my money, lol.

8. kevfan

kevfan

Stanman: I'll have to check that out here locally. If that's true here also, that means Winchester White box just became 9.96/box. ;)

I'll post the results.

Kev

9. STANMAN

STANMAN I HATE RICERS!!

I have had people walk out of the store with stuff for free. Winchester white box was on sale at Natchez (and later at Bass Pro), and if we would have honored our policy, we would have owed the guy like $3 a box. Also on 4 Bushnell 3200 3X9's, he got them for $.01 each, lol. Our policy is fudged up. If the guy with ammo would have pushed the subject, we would have given him a gift certificate for the ammo that we owed him $3 a box for, but he was happy to take it for free, like 1000 rounds of it. (10 of the econo-packs, which was all we had) Bad thing is, employees can't take advantage of the policy:(

10. AC37

AC37 SystemicAnomaly

Wow! ;P What does your policy say that makes this possible?

11. STANMAN

STANMAN I HATE RICERS!!

Our policy states that if you find the exact same item locally for less, we will match the price and give you the differance. Like the Winchester 100 round value pack that was on sale. An example would be the Bushnell scopes. We had them priced at $199.99, Bass Pro ran a closeout sale (or maybe it was Natchez, can't remember) for $99.99. So, we matched the $99.99, and gave him the differance ($100). BUT, all our transactions have to be charged something, so we charged him a penny a piece, which the store manager paid, lol. Same with the ammo. So, everyone go and take advantage of Gander's wonderful policy!

12. kevfan

kevfan

Stanman..

I went in tonight to see if the local Gander had the Winchester Value Pack. They did (11.99), and when I asked if they would match the price at Walmart (10.96), I was told by the clerk that they would. However, they would just match the price, not give any difference in price. He said they were losing too much money on the deals. He said that was the last he had heard on the company policy.

However, when I walked in, they had a sign up plus their advertisment circular in the lobby stating what their website states:

"Our Promise to You is Low Prices on Every Item we sell, every day. If you should find a lower price on an identical item at a local competitor, let us know about it and we will discount double the difference at the checkout. It's Our Gander Guarantee! Some restrictions apply, see store for details. "

Now, double the difference is different than how Stanman says their store does it, which is different than the way it was explained to me tonight at the local store. I didn't want to give the nice guy a hard time over a few bucks. It isn't worth his or my time on it.

Just a confusing policy.

Kev

13. STANMAN

STANMAN I HATE RICERS!!

Double the differance= once is the price match, twice is the giving you the differance. We ran a promo once that had we would price match AND give double the differance. We had a police officer who took advantage of that. He bought EVERY NIB Glock we had in the store for about $220 a piece. Our price was about $550, he had a police catalog where they were selling Glocks for $440. I laughed my *** off as he walked out. He also bought a few Beretta's, and a few H&K's, but they were about $300 a piece. Trust me, ask for a store manager, they will give you the price no questions asked.

14. kevfan

kevfan

Stanman,

Thanks for the clarification. I understand the "double" part now.

You'd think the store managers would be screaming for a policy change with a few of those types of purchases going on.

Oh well, like I said, I wasn't going to make a big deal out of a couple bucks. I like the store, their offerings and the associates are very nice and helpful.

Take care.

Kev

15. STANMAN

STANMAN I HATE RICERS!!

Yeah, we do take a loss on alot of stuff, but we have just about driven the Cabela's retail stores out of business. Bass Pro is going to be a little tougher, as their prices are often the ones we get burned on, but we will try to take them down to, lol. As far as Cabela's catalog division, we will be taking them out to as soon as we can market a catalog again (in about 5 years). We can't do a catalog because of a technicality that our (meaning Gander Mountains) lawyers missed when we sold our old catalog division to Cabela's. But trust me, when the "technicality" sunsets, we will be coming out with a catalog again!

16. AC37

AC37 SystemicAnomaly

Wow, that's pretty awesome Stanman. I wish there were a Gander Mountain near Tulsa.

17. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Well I will have to check things out at the Mtn. :) On guns they will match a stocking FFL's price and also the difference? Heck if they did LEO catalog price they should. Time for a pile of guns. :)

18. CARRY24/7

CARRY24/7

I hope you can answer these for me. Is the Gander Mtn you work at the one right near the Il. border? Also someone said they used a catalogue, could I use any catalogue there or just one locally, i think within 30 miles someone said. Whats the best place to get a catalogue from up there so i can price match. Also I'm in Il. so am I able to use my FOID there for a purchase or what? And finally what are the laws regarding transportation in the trunk cased, because I've heard horror stories about Wi. police giving Il. residents a hard time, even us LEO's. Thanks for the help.

19. STANMAN

STANMAN I HATE RICERS!!

I work at the Gander in Germantown, about 60 miles from the state line. And yes, it has to be within 30 miles for the price match, and you can use any form of verification (catalog, flyer, have a Gander associate call the store, etc.). As far as a purchase out of state, a handgun is a no-go, no matter what, it's federal law. As far as long guns go, it takes awhile, with a lot of hassle, but it can be done. Transport laws in WI state that the firearm must be cased and unloaded. Hope this helps, and remember, we do have stores in FIB land, so there is no need to come into MY state;)(we have enough of YOUR kind in MY state already, lol) Hope I answered all questions, if I can be of any more service, drop me an PM.

20. CARRY24/7

CARRY24/7

Yeah thanks alot, I just located one here in Il. about 30 miles from me so I might have to take a ride out there soon. The website says double difference back so that is awesome, so now i have to find a couple of good deals. Just when I was about to save $$$$$. Oh well, its for a good cause.