close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gaming computer

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Alaskacop, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Alaskacop

Alaskacop

So I'm looking at getting a gaming computer, possibly Alienware. I have a couple questions about this.

1st. I'm looking at getting a Duo Processor, if I do and get say 2 2 gHZ processors, and a game requires a 3.0 processor, will the game play on the computer.

2nd. Same question as the 1st but with 2 graphics cards.

3rd. I'm not technically savvy, is there a good web site for learning about what I may want to get on a good gaming computer.

Thanks for all the help.

2. NetNinja

NetNinja Always Faithful

Use the search feature in this forum.
    There have been TONS of the same question you have asked.

Also pretty much most modern computers have no problems handling most games.

If you want to play with the big dogs then prepare your wallet but you don't need to go hog wild on componets to have a very capable game rig.

Oh and build your own.

www.tomshardware.com

www.newegg.com

www.tigerdirect.com

3. doktarZues

doktarZues I'm anti-anti

1 yes, 2 yes. 3, I don't know of any tutorial sites, as theres a bit of a learning curve if you're starting from scratch, but www.tomshardware.com is an awesome site that keeps you up to date with the latest hardware, their performance and pricing and tons of good articles. If you are going to have alienware build you a system, order it from the phone, tell them you want a gaming rig, and spend as much money as you can afford to, and they'll do you right :)

You could save a lot of money if you build it your self though. A bit challenging if your new to it, but very doable. We could help you do it here. -dok

4. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Due to shorter pipelines, a faster frontside bus, (larger on chip cache in many instances) and other improvements, the Core Duo (and Core 2 Duo) have made it difficult to measure effectiveness.

The game makers probably meant a Pentium IV 3.0 GHz processor. I believe any core duo will be able to handle any game today. The video card(s) makes the biggest difference.

what game are you looking to play? what video cards are you looking to get?

5. Tiloke

Tiloke Ummmm, Nope.

YES I agree definatly build your own. You'll get thrice the performance for the same cost.