Galveston officers on horseback seen leading handcuffed man with rope

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by Ramjet38, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

https://abc13.com/5445603/

People are so sensitive.

"You don't even do a dog like that," said Sherri Kelly, visiting the island from Spring. "I don't care. That's inhumane."

"Where were they walking him to and why did they rope him if he was handcuffed? I don't think it's right," Cynthia Orise of Galveston said.

"The optics on this are terrible," wrote D. Alexander on Facebook. "Looks like an 1840s slave patrol."

"No problem here. [Police] used what they have to make the arrest," said Jose Hernandez. "Don't do the crime if you don't want to be treated wrong."

more at LInk...

hammerkill likes this.
  2. spork

spork Caffeinator

I don't see a problem. They used the available tools at hand.

3. flyover

flyover

It's not like they had the rope around his neck...

4. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

Lasso'd that assho.

hammerkill, spork and BigBull 301 like this.
  5. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

From the report, it seems that the chief is taking responsibility and not throwing the officers under the bus. He's correct in that leading a prisoner like that might be an approved technique during a large crowd situation. The department is addressing it with a change in policy and training, which is all that should happen as far as the individual officers are concerned, IMO.

That said, it was a pretty dumb move in this day of instant social media outrage. It was an easily avoided public relations black eye. Just wait for a transport. You're paid by the hour, not the call.

Sgt127 and Jade Falcon like this.
  6. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

Well you just can't put your prisoner on back and ride double to the police station. Come on.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    hammerkill likes this.
  7. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

What is the issue? He committed the same crime as 3 weeks before. Putting him on a horse,mriding double.. Is not safe.
    Why should they have to walk because criminal had to walk? If they ran, dragged them... Then I could see a issue.

treg and hammerkill like this.
  8. napp32

napp32

Beautiful horse....would have liked to see it at a full gallop.

Ramjet38 and TBO like this.
  9. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

I have a 100% fool proof way for that not to happen to him again ,don’t commit a crime.
    That would’ve been exactly what Sheriff Grady Judd would say at a press conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Nutty Professor 188 and wally1 like this.
  10. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

I read, elsewhere, the guy has mental health issues and is a frequent flier.

11. VCoupe376ci

VCoupe376ci

And of course they have to display a profession photo likely from more than a decade ago. What do you want to bet if this was a white guy we wouldn't have even heard about it? Rhetorical question.

I love the idiot that says "why did they rope him if he was handcuffed?" Simple you moron, so he couldn't run away. It would have been difficult to pursue him on a crowded public street on horseback. Why do patrol cars have caged back seats, no window controls, and doors that only open from the outside? :faint:

The person that mentioned that the optics are terrible is correct, but that is only because we now live in an incredibly divisive society where many people see racism in everything, even when none exists.

The Chief apologizing for what he admitted is a trained technique and calling it poor judgment on the officers is sickening as well. If your officers followed procedure, you shouldn't apologize to anyone for anything, much less the guy arrested for criminal trespass. You should stand behind your officers, rather than allowing your apology to shove them in front of a moving bus. Queue the cries and fist wringing for the officers to be terminated and start the countdown for how long not takes for the department to cave to the demands and threats of the race baiters.

Ramjet38 likes this.
  12. BCGUNCOLL

BCGUNCOLL

All the sensitive lil p#@s#$s better get ready. One day the country is gonna be back to the way it was in the 1800s. That is if judgement day don't come first.

13. Nutty Professor 188

Nutty Professor 188 Patrol Corporal

A long time ago we had a handwritten sign in one of our holding cells (where admin couldn't see it but the prisoners could) that said "If you don't like our service take your business elsewhere".

Don't think we would could get away with that now.

I told my younger son one time that I had to fight a bad guy who was resisting arrest and he got scuffed up. My son said I should put a sign in the car cage that said "You shouldn't have done it".

One of my good friends in the department coined the phrase "How could this have been prevented?" I use that phrase probably 5 times a day, at least.
    • I left my car unlocked and I don't understand why my purse got stolen?" - How could this have been prevented?
    • "I sent the crown prince of Nigeria $10,000 in Walmart gift cards because I won the Royal lottery and now my money is gone." - How could this have been prevented?
    • "I called a group of Hell's Angels motorcycle gang a bunch of A-holes for blocking traffic and they damaged my car and threatened me. :crying:" - How could this have been prevented?

Anyway.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  14. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

"Neely's sister was upset when she saw the photo. She tells ABC13 he is mentally ill and homeless."

" . . . nobody asked Neely's sister why she didn't give him a home, if she cares so much."

On the plus side, she may get herself appointed as his guardian and let him move in, since she obviously sees the potential to make some money off of him now.

Dukeboy01 and Ramjet38 like this.