Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Usual good quality in the Galco line. I like the holster, and have used one
many times. For the last few years, I have bonded with the galco "NSA" version, and I prefer it. It is Galco's answer to the Ayoob Rear Guard. My older versions have solid loops with no snaps, however. No quick on/off. The newer models (NSAII ??) may offer this option. I dunno. Good Luck.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have one for my G26 and will deffinately recommend it. I carry at about 5 O'clock and this setup is probably the most comfortable IWB I've tried yet. I can drive, sit in all types of chairs, walk/run, etc w/ total comfort. I am aware the holster being there but honestly it is so comfortable I almost forget at times. Printing is minimal at 5 O'clock to 3 O'clock while bending over (but no one's ever asked). It's well made and seems to be durable enough to stand up to many years of use. I will warn you that this holster is like many good leather holsters and will take some time to break in but then again the retention is top notch and this would be expected for any leather holster offering top notch retention.
One word of advise is to get a quality belt.
BTW, taking this on/off is a breaze and much easier than my IWB holsters w/ a belt clip.
In summary: Great holster and performance for the price.

I've read great things about the CBST but have not had the chance to try one. Maybe someone here can contrast the two as I'd be interested in some info.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
If you are looking at Super Tuck type holsters, look at the Galco King Tuck as well. Same quality, but a lot less money

·
NRA Life Member
5,384 Posts
I picked up a couple of these early on in my 'concealed carry experience'. They are in my 'dead holster' box for about 10 years now...

They tend to be very thick, especially compared to Kydex solutions.

As others have mentioned, these are great holsters and build like a truck!

It just didn't work for me at the time.

HTH

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
true, they are a bit thick.
What makes them even thicker is that the straps are on the body of the holster instead of off to the side. So you do get a bit more printing. I still like mine though. I have a couple of them. The compact design makes they easy to position and very easy to take off and put back on when needed.

·
Scouts Out
23,815 Posts
I've literally worn out two Royal Guard holsters. Roughly the same thing. They work. Yeah, they're a bit thick but mine lasted just over 15 years so that might be one of the reasons they're a bit thick :)

·
Banned
2,195 Posts
http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/19.htm
this or the #20 might be a good choice if you want all leather.
Also..http://www.ttgunleather.com/catalog/c9_p1.html These are available quickly if waiting a month or more is not an option...much more expensive than a summer comfort though. These couple options should prove to be as easy on or off as the summer comfort while being thinner IWB because of the straps positioned off the holster body. Holster choice is tough, I am having a tough time deciding what i want for my HK P30 right now myself. There is also the choice of full kydex as well.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Admittedly I may not have given it enough time. I tried the Summer Comfort for my g-26 and it just didn't work for me. It didn't seem to pull the slide in nearly as close as my CTAC or even a Glock Sport OWB. I much prefer IWB holsters that have the clips or loops outside the holster body instead of right on top of it.

Of course, YMMV.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have one for a 4" 1911. I never wear it. It pokes me in the butt. Also, the straps are right on top of the gun, rather than offset like the Crossbreed (which squeeks a bit) or the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2, making it thicker than necessary. Also, have the straps there lets it rock forward and back.

I'm sure it works for some, but not for me. Quality constructions, though, just like all Galco products.

·
Inactive/Banned
3,554 Posts
Mine sits in the closet, hardly used. I think the snaps on mine are loose because they always come undone when trying to put the pistol back in the holster. Plus I'm not a big fan of IWB holsters.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys. I'll check into some of the other ones mentioned as well.

I have never carried before. Just got my license a while back and the first thing I realized when using the OWB belt holster I got was that my pants are pretty loose. It takes a lot of belt tightening to support everything properly. I think the IWB option will help a lot

·
Banned
2,195 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll check into some of the other ones mentioned as well.

I have never carried before. Just got my license a while back and the first thing I realized when using the OWB belt holster I got was that my pants are pretty loose. It takes a lot of belt tightening to support everything properly. I think the IWB option will help a lot
hope whatever you choose works out.

·
Lovin' G17
10 Posts
Well I have the crossbreed for my Taurus 24/7 pro c and I love it. Just got my g17 last saturday and was looking for a holster for it and it's really between the Galco KingTuck or the Crossbreed SuperTuck. After comparing....I think the Galco will be way more comfortable with the smoother backing-however might sweat a little bit. It does look and feel like a better quality leather. Just can't find a Galco right now because they're on backorder. I would say go with the Galco. They're almost identical with a few exceptions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts