Glock Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I scored myself a new horsehide, front of pocket holster for my G27. I can fit the holster in my jean pocket, I just can't draw it. When I grip it and try to pull it out...it wont because my hand is too big.

My question is this, does anyone know who makes jeans with large, deep, front pockets? This way I can draw with ease? Thanks in advance.

DH

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I should have put this thread in the carry section. Mods, kindly move it if it doesn't belong here (thought I would get more eyes on this thread if I posted it here). Thanks.

DH

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
DH, I have the same problem as you. I looked around and found that Dockers have the deepest pockets and the widest accsess in pants you buy of the rack. I don't usually wear jeans so the Dockers serve me well. I also use a Smart Carry for my G23. I wear pants that are a size larger. I also look for pants that have elastic in the waist for the SC.

NN

·
Private side
13,322 Posts
Don't wrap yourwhole hand around the gun. Put your thumb on the rear of the slide, trigger finger along the frame and flat against the holster. Middle and ring finger curl under grip and pinkie stays extended. Pull up.

Or try a thinner holster along the line of an Alabama Holster Pocket Holster.

The whole idea is to keep from making a complete fist. Bigger pockets help, but sometimes, a gun is just too big for pocket carry.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't wrap yourwhole hand around the gun. Put your thumb on the rear of the slide, trigger finger along the frame and flat against the holster. Middle and ring finger curl under grip and pinkie stays extended. Pull up.

Or try a thinner holster along the line of an Alabama Holster Pocket Holster.

The whole idea is to keep from making a complete fist. Bigger pockets help, but sometimes, a gun is just too big for pocket carry.
Pinching the pistol as you said is the only way to get it out, even though it usually gets the rear sight snagged on my pocket. Gona go shopping to the mall and try on a few different pairs/brands of jeans. Thanks guys!

DH

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The jeans they have look perfect! The pockets are lined and really deep. Not so sure about the opening of the pocket size, but I'm going to order a few pairs and see if they work. I'll post back once they arrive. Thanks for this link, JT.

DH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.