Galco Stow-n-go

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by minkis18, Feb 5, 2010.

1. minkis18

minkis18

I just ordered a Galco Stow-n-go for my soon-to-be Sub-compact and was wondering if anyone has tried these before. I haven't owned any Galco products before.

If I don't like it i'll probably have a holser made for me next weekend. Range in town does it every Saturday and they come out quite nice. (wearing one for a 23 now)

2. bandmasterjf

bandmasterjf

I just got the cheaper version, the tuck and go. My belt isn't quite wide enough for it, but it holds pretty well anyway. The holster fits my gun very well. Retention is a little tight, but I would expect that on new leather. It does carry a little high and puts the butt of the gun in my love handle. It's not bad walking around, but in the car or seated it's a little uncomfortable. A skinny guy probably wouldn't have that problem. It doesn't have any cant at all so the gun is pretty much up and down. Tucking is pretty easy and effective. I've only carried with my G19, I'll try it with the 26 a couple days and give you another report.

3. minkis18

minkis18

thanks :p I'll have my gun Thurs...and holser somewhere around there... to try it myself.

4. azdick

azdick

One big advantage to the stow n' go is that the width of the clip is such that it holds the gun securely but makes for easy removal of holstered gun w/o having to remove or unfasten belt, or fumble with multiple clips. I have carried a G33 with the walk about (similar to the stow n' go, but with an extra mag holder attached. Ideal when wearing shorts with an untucked golf shirt), with no problems and have ordered a stow n' go for another compact. Good deal for 27.95. I also have a Raven Phantom for for a G30/w light and other leather duty holsters.

5. das9mm26

das9mm26

Before I got the Supertuck....I used the Sto-N-Go for my G26....It carried the Glock well, and was very comfortable...
    It now is used to temporarily "stow" my G36 as I move around my house if I'm wearing sweats....it doesn't work well clipped to an elastic waistband!
    For about $20....for me, it was worth it!

6. 1canvas

1canvas

i use a sto n go for apendix carry for my 23 - 27 with sweats and shorts. i did have to change out that plastic clip for a steel one though.

7. minkis18

minkis18

I tried appendix carry with my 23...very concealable but also uncomfortable. Slide poking my gut and muzzle where other things usually hang...

I'll give it another try with my new gun, when I get it, but my 23 is staying 4 O' clock. I wear loose polos and jeans most days and if I'm conscious of how I kneel it doesn't print.

one question. How stiff is the holster? I wear my belt quite tight to hold my pants on my skinny frame and have had problems before of holstering in a flimsy holster. Obviously I'm not expecting the rigidity of my Kydex holster :p

8. PSUEng

PSUEng

I had a stow n go for my G26 (now replaced with a G19) and I didn't like it because:

1: No cant

2: the outer edge of the holster is not reinforced, making drawing/reholstering difficult.

Spend the extra money and get the Royal Guard. It is reinforced, has a great cant, is more securely fastened to your belt (with interchangeble belt channels black/brown, different thicknesses). I now carry my G19 in one of these that is actually for a G26, in case I ever get another subcompact glock (26/27). The big issue is cost--the Royal Guard is alot more than the stow n go.

9. CBennett

CBennett

im thinking about a sto&go for the Ruger SR9compact..I just dont know which one to get someone said the Glock 19 one fit it ok and another the Glock 26...would be a nice temporary holster till I got the money from selling my Glock stuff to fund a nicer holster...anyone using it for that gun ??(SR9c)

10. bandmasterjf

bandmasterjf

I found the magic spot for my tuck-n-go today. Right a 6 0'clock is really comfortable with my G19. Drove in the car wit it for about 3 hours and went to wal-mart with it in. Very comfortable sitting standing and everything. I'm watching a ball game right now laid back on the couch and can't even feel it.

11. 1canvas

1canvas

on the stow-n-go i did resewed the clip holder on the holster to give me the angle i need for apendix carry. as far as reholstering mine has something sewed into the top rim to keep it from closing up [rehostering is not an issue for me]. i sometimes would have the muzzle dig me but i found a good fix for that, a new 27.

12. bandmasterjf

bandmasterjf

I'd like to see a pic of that. My tuck-n-go also has something in it at the top. My guess would be a strip of kydex. At any rate it does hold open for a very easy re-holster.

13. minkis18

minkis18

Well I just got the holster, I'm picking up my Taurus to put in it tomorrow. The 'mouth' feels nice and solid and the clip is tighter than any of my other holsters! Will report back with pictures and carry review.

14. minkis18

minkis18

okay, no pictures but I just got back from errands and gotta say this holster sure does the trick! I'm carrying a Taurus PT111PRO and the top of the belt is actually behind the trigger guard making for a low carry and only 2.5" above the belt line. holstering is a breeze, but I'm still breaking it in so drawing takes a good tug. For the money, this is a pretty good holster. Also the suede outside grips to the pants preventing it from moving around.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  15. 1canvas

1canvas

that looks like what i did to my stow n go but a little more angle and a steel clip to better hold to the top of my sweats. i don't know how to do pics.

16. minkis18

minkis18

mine's still the standard clip angle (aka no cant).

as for pics, the easiest way is get it on your computer, go to imageshack.us and upload it, then select the code string for "forums". it'll give a size similar to my picture and make the picture a link to the full size version without requiring any extra work.

17. sean665

sean665 Semper Fortis

I have one of these, carried my 23 and my 26 in it, worked pretty well. When I went to the 17 I got a Galco Triton Kydex, this is a great holster.

18. spear85

spear85

I carry my Kahr PM9 in a Galco Stow n Go. LOVE it!! The gun is so easy to conceal as it is but i found the holster a very nice holster for the price.