close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Galco Royal Guard for a G26

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by ctkenc, Apr 8, 2010.

1. ctkenc

ctkenc

Ant of you use and have opinions to share on the Galco "Royal Guard" for carrying a G26?
    I'm looking for a really comfortable IWB for the G26

I've only used one IWB Holster, (not a Galco) with my 1911 .45 and have never found it to be all that comfortable, but, the G26 will be lighter and smaller.
    Thanks

2. ctkenc

ctkenc

Nobody ? :whistling:

Maybe some of youe the Royal Guard with something other than a G26/27 :dunno:

Thanks
    ken

3. woodasptim

woodasptim

I tried a Galco Royal Guard with a Glock 19 and absolutely hated it. They are way too thick. Go for something with offset belt clips. The thinner the profile the better. Comp-tac CTAC or Milt Sparks Watch-six are two of my personal favorites.

4. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Okay, the other side of the coin then. I started with a Royal Guard and carried a G23, a G27 in it for years and now I carry a Sig 245 in one.

Yes, I would buy, and have bought, one again.

5. ctkenc

ctkenc

Thanks for your comments about the "thickness".
    I'm concerned about that issue on ANY IWB Holster as I really have no experience with IWB and am concerned about the comfort factor. :whistling:

I was not aware of the CTAC but have now looked at them and they seem a good option but I wonder if any Kydex IWB would be comfortable? I have Kydex OWB and know how stiff it is.

Looked at the Minotaur series, which, seems like a very appealing option ... any comments on the Minotaurs?
    Thanks
    Ken

PS: I'm also very interested in the CompTac OWB Holster called their "Settable Cant", a Paddle Holster
    http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=55
    I've made a separate posting so I can hopefully get some insight about what you guys have experienced with it.
    I wish there was a way to try them on .... may end up buying one of each and in the worst case, sell one of them if I just can't stand it.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  6. fredj338

fredj338

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  7. nostradumass

nostradumass Toten a 36

Its Hickok45s favorite. :wavey:

8. BlutoBlutarsky

BlutoBlutarsky

The snaps being on the side of the gun are very noticeable on mine. I am going to an MTAC.

9. Goldstar225

Goldstar225 NRA member

I have used two Royal Guards, 1 for a Glock 23, the other for a Glock 26. IMO a holster with off-set loops such as the Milt Sparks VMII, Crossbreed, or similiar design is much better. For me it's not so much the thickness (although that's a factor) as it is the shifting that is present in the design. My belt loops and belt width are properly matched and the belt was specifically made to carry the weight of a gun, there is still too much pivoting of the gun during normal movement.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  10. Bob45acp

Bob45acp HandgunWorld

Ditto. I returned my Royal Guard after a week. My Dale Fricke AIWB Kydex and High Noon Mr. Softy work well with my G26. I just got the opportunity to try out a M Tac from a friend, I think it will definitely be my next purchase....soon.