Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago I had a Jackass holster from Galco for a 1911 and was quite pleased with it. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Galco nowadays and if so is the quality and workmanship still as good as it was in the 80's.

I never had one of their belt holsters but they sure look nice :)

·
NRA Life Member
69,021 Posts
Years ago I had a Jackass holster from Galco for a 1911 and was quite pleased with it. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Galco nowadays and if so is the quality and workmanship still as good as it was in the 80's.

I still like Galco. Been using their shoulder holsters since the 80's. The last new one I bought was a VSH shoulder rig for deployment, in 2013, and the quality was just as good as ever. I don't think much of their overpriced attempt at cowboy holsters (18880's rigs) but otherwise they are pretty good.

Reactions: orangejeep06

·
I'm your huckleberry....
18,108 Posts
I have a Galco IWB holster for my G19 pistol (works on the G26, too...). Very nice workmanship, molded leather and yet a reasonable price. I give 'em a thumbs up!

Reactions: Taco Junkie

·
Banned
2,404 Posts
I have no idea what they were like in the eighties but they're suitable now I mean especially for the price point. Somebody told me once that he considered Galco to be the low end of the high-end holster market

·
Immoderate
141 Posts
Galco makes a few dumb holsters, but also some of the best non-custom house leather holsters you can buy. The Royal Guard and Summer Comfort are fantastic holsters for the money, for example.

·
NRA "Benefactor Life" Member
726 Posts

I bought a Galco Miami Classic a couple of years ago for my 1911's and love it. Quality all the way.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have Galco holsters for my G32/19, my 1911's, and just yesterday received another one for my G20/21. I love them, especially the combat masters. Excellent quality and workmanship for the money. I've had the holster for my G32 since maybe 1998 and carried almost daily. It's still my go-to holster for that pistol. Don't think you can go wrong with Galco.

·
Immoderate
141 Posts
Maybe if we all work together, we can make 2018 become the year where leather holsters with non-reinforced mouths cease to be a thing.

·
Practically a saint
6,436 Posts
I have a Galco King Tuck for one of my Sigs and it also fits my G19. I found Alien to be slightly more comfortable to me and cheaper, and Stealth even more comfortable but more $$. Galco is right in between but they're all good in my opinion. The Galco shows very little wear and has been worn the most.

·
I'm your huckleberry....
18,108 Posts
Galco Sto-N-Go lightweight IWB leather, rough side out, reinforced mouth, single clip soft leather usually under $30. I have one for my 19 and 26 and another for a J-Frame revolver. Great minimal rigs and they work! Git you one!!!

Reactions: PeterG

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I’ve had a sto n go as a “sleeve” to stick my G17 in when tossed into a gear bag. It’s held up for over 7 years of almost daily use. But I don’t use it to carry. I have better holsters for that. But for $20 it keeps the trigger covered and kind of protects the gun.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I bought the 1791 holster for a revolver and not a 1911. With regards to the quality, the 1791 leather is very stiff and thick. The 1791 holster is made in America, I would give them a call or ask any questions on their website.
Ironically I'm looking for a new 1911 holster. Can you tell me how much clearance the front sight gets? Does it have a channel or enough clearance that it won't drag and cut the holster?
Here are a couple videos. The last video the guy shows the 1911 holster.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxt83sA1-ig

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTI6tA8rEwI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEPLbUn32TY

·
Registered
19,596 Posts
Galco Sto-N-Go lightweight IWB leather, rough side out, reinforced mouth, single clip soft leather usually under $30. I have one for my 19 and 26 and another for a J-Frame revolver. Great minimal rigs and they work! Git you one!!!
I agree. I like mine for the G26. The nice thing about the clip is that it has a center cut out to go over a belt loop since pants makers are never consistent where thy put their loops. I use it for AIWB.

Also shout out to Grip6 for their belts. Bought a kit and a bit pricey but buckle lays flat and an ingenious design from an engineer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: robhic

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanx all for the replies which were all positive. Looks like once I pay my taxes :( I may end up making a purchase for yet another holster or two.

Thx again and Happy New Year for the best in 2018

Reactions: John Wesley
1 - 20 of 23 Posts