close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Galco Concealable Belt Holster and/vs CCP paddle

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Snareman, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Snareman

Snareman

First post here. Happy to be here. :)

My concealed carry license should be here in a few weeks and I am trying to pick a holster.

Does anyone have experience with the Galco's? Their belt and or paddle holsters? Is there some form of retention since there is no thumb strap across the top of the gun. The cop that runs the range I belong to recommends one of the 3 slot holsters which has a strap, but I think these are a little more minimalist. Currently planning on using it for my Glock 19 although was vaguely considering a M&P9c as its a little smaller (I know the parts aren't compatible like if I got a G26, but I really like the feel and way it shoots)

Paddle
    [​IMG]

Belt
    [​IMG]

2. ronin.45

ronin.45

Galco makes great rigs. For concealed carry the paddle will stick out further from your body but it is easier to put on and take off. I like the belt slot concealable better.

3. Snareman

Snareman

Thanks for the reply. I do like the easy of the on and off of the paddle, but if I could get past that would probably like the belt better. Does it matter that there is no retention strap for either? Are the guns in there pretty securely? Having never used a holster and being pretty new to the whole gun scene I don't know how much of a chance there is of the gun getting loose from it. I imagine they are in there fairly snugly though.

4. jdeere_man

jdeere_man CLM

I have personal experience with both of these exact holsters you mention. When I was a new ccw'er I acquired both the concealable belt holster and the ccp (paddle) version, along with a several other holsters.

I'm 5'9, 140lb, fairly skinny guy. The paddle holster, while great in theory, was not so great in reality. It made the gun stick out too far away from my body and it was not concealable and printed terribly. To this day my daily carry is my Glock 26 in the Galco concealable belt holster. (I also have one for my G19 that gets carried occasionally) When you get the holster it will be too tight and won't draw easily. No worries. Just unload the gun wrap a walmart sack around it and shove it in the holster and leave for a few days. It will loosen up. The belt provides the tension to retain the gun. Personally for CCW i don't care for retention straps at all. Now open carry would be a different story.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010