G721 4.5 pound stock connector

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by hardbargin, Feb 23, 2013.

1. hardbargin

hardbargin

hi,
    is the G721 4.5 pound stock connector the same pound pull as the 3.5 pull whick glockmeister sells by ghost. i want oem glock on my pistols. i notice they have a minus by the 4.5 pull. so what is what?:yawn:

2. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

3. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

The Glock factory part below is what you should look for if you want to remain OEM. The trigger pull weight for the OEM "minus" connector is 1 lb under standard (not certified by Glock, Inc. for a duty or self-defense pistol). I can't vouch for the actual trigger pull weight of aftermarket parts.

SP 00721 Connector 4.5 lb "minus" (marked " - ")

Ref: http://us.glock.com/documents/GLOCK_Parts_Order_Form_Certified.pdf

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  4. hardbargin

hardbargin

yeah,
    i see where you have to have a leo certification to order from glock $3.00 :rofl: but thanks for the info. very helpful.
    is this a drop in after taking the 5# out. without doing anything else like springs?

5. hardbargin

hardbargin

is this the same connector from glockmeister? why the extra $22.00 from glockmeister and just $3.00 from glock?
    got to have a leo sign off from glock to order for $3.00 :steamed:

6. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Yes, it's a drop-in part with no other parts required.

Technically, not even Glock Certified Armorers are allowed to order the OEM minus connector if they aren't LE (I can't order it direct from Glock, Inc.). Glock, Inc. will accept orders only from LE Armorers under Dept. letterhead with approval of Dept Chief or Sheriff. Retail suppliers will charge and get $25.00 for a $3.00 part because we are paying for access to a factory part that is not widely available (law of supply and demand).

7. hardbargin

hardbargin

got ya. thanks for your time. really:wavey:

8. JBP55

JBP55

LEO's can not order a - connector from Glock unless they have a request on letterhead and the serial number of the pistol which must be a Glock that could have been ordered with a - connector. The Agency can only get - connectors for those pistols and only if they did not ship with one.

9. M 7

M 7

What's really interesting is that after a small amount of use, the OEM 4.5 "-" connector's pull settles in at 4 pounds (give or take two ounces) in every pistol that I've put it in.