Glock Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One can find a few dozen threads about how the 48 is or is nearly the equal of the 19, only thinner (and sub-chat on the SA mags) and quite a few stating a preference for it.

If so, you'd think you could find people doing well with it at competitions, so I did a quick look. GSSF outdoor tracks but doesn't post the Glock within each division that was used, but indoor does (not always) ... and there I see 48s in the bottom half if at all.

Nor does a quick search turn up happy posts (or any) about people using their 48s in other shooting sports. So, Glock-jutsu practitioners: do you use your 48s in sporting competition? Try it instead/along with your other Glocks? How'd it go? Granted this is just asking to collect anecdotes and not really 'data' in a proper sense, but please enlighten me here.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
I have shot a 48 in indoor GSSF Matches and found the additional recoil wasn't worth it feeling slightly better better in grip and went back to shooting my 19. I think the 48 shines in a IWB conceal carry role, but not in the competition field.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I've thought of using my 48 for CCP in IDPA but end up using my 19 for that division. I also don't see a use for the 48 in USPSA where it would be remotely competitive. Of course if you are of the run what you carry crowd it would still fun to shoot either one.

·
Private side
13,333 Posts
I know it’s not a 48 but I use my 43X in GSSF subcompact and a 43X MOS at the last match I attended. I finished 5/29 in MOS and 2/28 in subcompact. The subcompact time 46.79 and was faster than my 3 entries with my 17. I’d like to think it was because by the time I got to my 17 it was entries 7, 8, 9 of the day; I was hot and tired and experience tells me I can shoot the 17 better.
I’ll try the 48 next time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.