Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a G48 and a friend has a G43X (same frame, different length barrel and slide). He told me he had picked up a 15 round metal magazine from Shield Arms that fits flush with the 43X and said he has put several hundred rounds through it without any issues. I ordered one and hope to receive it in a couple of weeks. I also ordered the metal magazine release from same as they feel long term use of a metal mag with a polymer catch/release will eventually cause issues as the metal wears against the polymer. If it proves to be reliable, then I basically have a thin G19 that probably still weights less than a G19 due to the narrower slide. However, the Shield Arms web site mentioned that there were slight changes in the G48 frames from the Gen-1 (sliver slide) to the Gen-2 (black slide), but did not really go into any details about what was different between the two frames. A fairly exhaustive web search did not turn up anything useful. Can anyone here shed some light on this.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I would like to know also, however, the changes must not be that big because they take the same mags.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What they were alluding to was that in the Gen-2, their mags would not drop free all the time. Guessing the mag hole is ever so slightly narrower, but other dimensions all the same. Just a little curious as to what else might be different.

Actually for a carry gun, I prefer my primary mag to be non-drop free if possible. The reality is that there is much less chance the mag could accidentally be dislodged and fall out and you will probably take care of your problem with the first magazine.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
86EDFAC0-6418-45C3-B985-D7C7918CFE5B.jpeg B2B09909-431C-439E-913E-567124499183.jpeg View attachment 744672 Add me to the satisfied S15 users. No issues at all with the mag.
I did have some however with the shield mag catch. BUT I think I was pushing it by accident as I would draw. It was so rare it was hard to tell, but as I paid more attention I could feel it touch my thumb as I drew .

They sent me an extended one by mistake I think. Take a look at the pictures

First One is of the shield arms mag release installed

Second picture is a stock 19 for reference

And the third picture is of The modified mag release I did which is not giving me no trouble at all. So far, no troubles with this modification.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts