Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Yes that would work.

Please help me out here and explain why you would do it this way?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yes, it will work. I initially purchased my G45 with Ameriglo Bold sights, and my G19 with Glock night sights. I switched them back and forth in different situations, shooting each to see which I preferred.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
OMG! U know that's the same right??
Er...no. A G19 grip is one-half inch shorter top to bottom than a G45 grip, and allows use of 15-round G19 magazines. The G45 and G19X and G47 do NOT allow use of G19 magazines.

Still, I'd just get rid of the G45 and get the more versatile G19 which always allows use of G19 and G17 magazines.

Reactions: MCCM

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wanted to make sure I chose the correct Gen lower. I found Gen 5 G19 complete lowers for $219.00 and wanted to get one for concealed carry.

·
Private side
11,594 Posts
Er...no. A G19 grip is one-half inch shorter top to bottom than a G45 grip, and allows use of 15-round G19 magazines. The G45 and G19X and G47 do NOT allow use of G19 magazines.

Still, I'd just get rid of the G45 and get the more versatile G19 which always allows use of G19 and G17 magazines.
Of all the frame sizes, the 19 size is the only one that points high for me. I’ve held and fired every model available in the US and only 19 19 fails to point true for me. I think it is because of where the grip ends happens to be where the meat of my hand bunches up when I get a firing grip.
I’ve sold all the 19 size guns I had and kept the subcompact and full size ones. Truly, although I understand the math, the 17 doesn’t feel that much bigger when I carry it.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
This kind of thing is the main thing that the 320 series has going for it. I don't own one yet but those I know that do, have a couple of $40 frames to suit different needs.

I bought some 17 round mags for my 19 and called it good enough for now. Nice to know the gen 5 19 and the 45 are mix and match.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I did want to try a 19 slide on a 19x frame to see how the 19x would look without the "golden slide". It wouldn't work. I never tried the 19x slide on a 19 frame.

Reactions: Rock2411

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Will my G45 slide work on a Gen 5 G19 frame? Thinking of buying a separate frame for two guns and one slide.
Since 1982, at it's inception Glock pistols were refered to as "modular" pistols. Now I'm no rocket scientist, to me "modular" infers a group of parts, or groups of parts assembled to make a whole gun.

That is my attitude toward my G45, it's like a tool that I can alter the handle size to fit my needs.

G45
G45.jpg

G19MOS Frame/G45 Upper
G19.5 MOS with G45 Slide.jpg

G26 Frame/G45 Upper/Lone Wolf Adapter
G26.5 with G45 Slide.jpg

All 3 combinations work well together and it allows me to adjust the size of my gun to fit concealment needs. I only had to buy one set of night sites, I always carry the same 17rd spare mags and all the frames are the same controls.

I don't have a need for 3 complete 9mm Glocks.

BTW, I like my G45 best.

·
Registered
37 Posts
View attachment 741900
What wouldn’t work?

SO91B
My G19.4 slide would hard stop when I put it on the 19X frame. The stop was from the ejector not matching up with the slide. I really didn't care because I was going to cerakoat my 19X slide anyway.

Attachments

Reactions: chuck73080

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
View attachment 741900

My G19.4 slide would hard stop when I put it on the 19X frame. The stop was from the ejector not matching up with the slide. I really didn't care because I was going to cerakoat my 19X slide anyway.
I think I read on here that a gen 4 slide requires use of a gen 5 back plate, but I'm not sure about whether the slide lock would function because the gen 4 slides aren't cut for the ambi safety.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts