GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
General Glocking recently had a member make a comment about a newly issued G45 MOS-5 (RMR Cut). It is the only reference I can find anywhere to MOS-5. I know all you guys here are light years ahead of everybody else and have all the cool guy connections. Anybody know anything about this unicorn? I think a G19.5 with MOS-5 would be the ultimate Glock. :flag:

·
Super Moderator
19,787 Posts
To me, it looks like a MOS model with a sight-specific slide cut, vs the generic MOS cut that requires adapter plates. Here's the original post w/photo:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/what-new-model-of-glock.1873780/page-2#post-29950928

In the same thread, there is also a comment about a MOS3 model with a DPP Pro cut; another sight-specific MOS slide cut. Original post w/photos:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/what-new-model-of-glock.1873780/page-2#post-29950380

Based on the photos, it looks like the cuts are not as deep as the generic MOS-cut pistols, which makes sense; if you have no need of an adapter plate, then you can leave extra meat in the slide for the sight's screws to grip. However, it also means the sight doesn't sit as low as some of the custom slide-cuts done by gunsmiths. The DPP-cut pistol also removes the entire rear sight dove-tail, which is a negative feature for those who want iron sights, either for immediate back-up use in case of dot failure, or to help guide the eye to the dot (the initial learning curve can be steep).

·
Registered
675 Posts
I know the history of the MOS 3 meeseeks showed, he got it from me!
It was a contract pistol that wasn’t acquired in the contract and was sold to an employee.
The MOS 5 mentioned above I’d like to see the case label. See if it’s actually marked as a MOS 5 like the MOS 3 is.
To me the 45 looks like a standard MOS Gen 5

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was hoping the OP in the original thread would add more info and maybe more pics. I was really curious what department or agency ordered 650 and even more curious where is the other 50? The links to gunbroker are both standard MOS and not specifically MOS-5 (RMR Cut). Thanks guys for all or your comments. :flag:

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
As for the 45, There are at least 10 variations available (excluding red vs white label, which pushes that to at least 29 variations). Black, FDE, gray, BFG, MOS, threaded barrel, 9x21, etc...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts