Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G45 with Timney trigger, Ghost pro 3.5 disconnector, Ameraglo Cap sights, Glock OEM Marine cups, and a TLR1 (I have a TLR7 and Talongrips pro on the way also)

·
Problem Solved!
2,741 Posts
Love it. 2k round break in had it smooth as butter.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
137 Posts
Fells like a G17 but does not print as bad when OWB.
Interesting given that the grip is what really tends to print more than the slide, with the G45 having the full size frame/handle of a 17 and shorter, compact slide of a 19. Would think it's a moot point between a 17 or a 19 with that giant light on it that extends well beyond even the length of a 17 slide. Still not able to wrap my head around how OP says it doesn't print as bad as a 17. Looks like it would print more like a 34.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
With that long light sticking past the barrel, why not just have a G17 and make use of the extra muzzle velocity, or a smaller light to make use of the compactness of the G45 slide?

·
Registered
69 Posts
With that long light sticking past the barrel, why not just have a G17 and make use of the extra muzzle velocity, or a smaller light to make use of the compactness of the G45 slide?
Agreed. I never understood having a TLR1 or X300 on a 19X or 45. Just get a 17 or a 34.

·
Read Only
137 Posts
The draw to me to the 45 is that I really like the 17 grip but the 45 fits in all of my 19 holsters.
Now, that is a reasonable response. But someone saying it prints noticeably less while a big-arse light is attached to it that extends out to the length of a Glock 34 is what's entertaining.

·
Beretta 92 Nut!
6,095 Posts
Very nice setup.

I got one about a month ago - but I have smaller hands. I just couldn't shoot it as well as my Gen 5 Glock 19. The grip on the G19 is a little different, with the way that backstrap is curved.

WHat is interesting, if that it the G45 has a Glock 17 grip, basically. Gen 3 and 4 Glock1 7 grips fit my hand fine. But the Gen 5 is just a tiny bit too large.

I had to work too hard on my grip and trigger finger placement to make the G45 an option for carry. So, unfortunately, I had to sell it. I guess I'm sticking with the G19.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
main reason I got the G45 was Blue label below 400 the 17 they had was above. Also I have a TLR7 on the way so.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts