Featured G44 KABOOM

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DirectDrive, Jan 25, 2020.

1. WestTexTech

WestTexTech

Obvious limp wrist problem :|

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    boilergonzo likes this.
  2. Terry G

Terry G

Every firearm has some problems, you know that. Finish, barrels, and magazines, The TX22 has problems, blowing up isn't one of them. This is a GLOCK, remember, much ballyhood prior to sale. My G21 and G17 never had a malfunction let alone a major problem. Their first attempt at a .22, which every company and their Brother has been making and GLOCK has a dud? After three years in the works? Instead of trying to divert attention from it you should be questioning it too. Brand loyalty is all well and good, but come on. TX22 G17.jpg IMG_2904.JPG

3. MD357

MD357

I think Taurus' track record speaks for itself. This is an anomaly for Glock, calm down.... if there is a widespread issue....they will fix it I'm sure.

Cojo likes this.
  4. Terry G

Terry G

Calm down? That's funny. I didn't buy one.

Intolerant and Doc Holliday like this.
  5. CatDuke3D

CatDuke3D 28th OMS / B52H / USAF-SAC

(Toocool45) "Mine worked better loading only 9 rounds in the magazine...."

HAHAHAHA... here we effing go again. Ten round magazine that isn't?

Just like the bull**** mags for the G30. Crush in round ten - the slide drags like f**k and leaves grooves in the brass of the next round and often will not go to battery. Left some loaded for years - no change. Same with dozens of these mags and G30's (several) G30S and G30SF. All they needed was maybe 1/8" more give.

So insert "shocked face" emoji - :eyebrow: - Standing by for the same defense of the s**t-mags; they need to be broken in, they need to be left loaded...

Intolerant and Doc Holliday like this.
  6. DrewBone

DrewBone

History reveals to us that Glock is no stranger to "anomalies".

Which is why I think it's safe to say that these G44 issues will be the subject of the next "GLOCK, INC. Technical Bulletin #xxxxxx"...

Intolerant and boilergonzo like this.
  7. Mugsie1

Mugsie1

IDK, I have a cheap ruger Sr22 that shoots tons of cheap ammo and never a problem, and it's a blow back design too. Oh, and POA = POI. Love that little gun.

kjphilippona and littletank like this.
  8. littletank

littletank

I also have two Ruger SR22s that run near perfect which I will have to do a side by side run against the G44.. My guess.....Well I don't want to say, but I hope the G44 cab keep up.

9. Mike-M

Mike-M

Also known as a "voluntary upgrade." :)

10. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

Regardless of responses that suggest EXCUSES.....the product IS stretching acceptance of whats SAFE.

The design does not conform to the past, and either due to operator error, bad ammo or design, there is a fail.

The Fans can preach tolerance and acceptance, myself.....time to realize Glocks direction is no longer acceptable, I have forgiven time and time again, no more......Hopefully most will not lose more than the cost of a UNSAFE product.

Intolerant and boilergonzo like this.
  11. Burien

Burien

Every gun can kaboom. I have been to the range three times and fired about 1500 rounds in my G-44 of Federal byob 36gr, federal black pack 38gr, Winchester wildcat 40gr plated dynapoint, Aguila SV 40gr, Federal 40gr plated, Aguila 38gr hp plated, Geico semi-auto 40 gr lead RN, Remington thunder bolts (had some fail to eject) Federal auto match. The only ammo it would not cycle was Norma Tac-22 lead round nose, seemed more like sub-sonic vs SV. I load a full magazine of 10, seat the magazine, close the slide with the slide stop or sling shot it, then drop the magazine and load another in the magazine to equal 11 rounds each time. One issue releasing the slide stop on a full magazine, that was winchester HP had a deformed HP projectile that was way too flat, however I still loaded and shot it just fine. I also "passed" the first time I held a glock 44, after I got home I thought, life is too short to pass today on something you can play with today, so i picked it up the next day. Very happy with it, makes me want to go to the range every day, but work gets in the way. I'll post more as it goes to the range more, fluted chamber is cool.

pstmstr and Cojo like this.
  12. 19glock84

19glock84

We know Glock as being reliable. Even though they havent been innovative, people like us choose Glock because of reliability.

For Glock to say "legendary" is a big understatement. So far I've seen failures and even a slide cracking in half.

We know the 22lr as being a finicky ammo, but to say Glock perfection and use the term legendary, this Glock 44 should shoot every ammo out there right?

Has Glock gone the way of other companies and let the public test their firearms first and then make rolling charges along the way?

13. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

I guess I view the .22lr as a fun range plinker, regardless (not a serious gun). So if just having fun, adding a suppressor merely adds to the fun.

While I can see some value in having a .22lr as a low-cost trainer for "serious stuff", I can also see value in shooting the actual gun (that recoils!) and learning to shoot with that. While one may learn good trigger control and avoid developing a flinch on .22lr, one needs to ensure they don't develop a flinch if shooting a bigger caliber, too! Both have viable applications.

Suppressors are fun, and it is nice to be outside with the birds chirping, nothing on your ears, and not relying on hot, heavy electronic gadgets on your head to hear things around you.

So the answer is "there isn't a good answer", but in reality, I can't really justify any of my .22lr handguns without relying on "fun" or "just because" as a weak justification!

14. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Ahhh. The go-to defense! From the forum years ago, that was the solution to EVERY Glock failure (Glock's didn't fail, EVER, in some poster's eyes). They were practically infallible! Obviously reality has set in, so the previously rejected arguments are now the mantra defending Glock's various launches and challenges with their various models.

Glock's have perfect finish, cannot rust like other guns do -vs- Make sure you care for your Glock's if you abuse it, of course it will rust or scratch!

Glock's eat anything I feed it, other brands are ammo fussy -vs- It is very selective regarding ammo, but testing is what you should do to find what works best for your Glock.

Glock's never need a break-in period, they are reliable out of the box -vs- I was told that it loosens up after 500 rounds, it just needs a break-in period, and this is perfectly normal.

You shouldn't have to modify protocol for a gun. If you do, it is unreliable -vs- you have to load the magazine in a certain way and hold it upside down to make it work

Firearm Brand X is junk, and untrustworthy, and tests its models on its customers, while Glock is great at design and thoroughly tests all their guns prior to launch -vs- another model from Glock out of the box that is going to need quiet "upgrades" and hidden technical bulletins, just like other brands!

Glock is uber reliable... if a gun has issues like this it simply cannot be trusted. (insert brand here with hiccups at launch) is junk. I will NEVER own one, Glock's are good! -vs- Ummmm... Glock will fix this. They are a great brand and are capable of fixing flaws out of the gate (that apparently other brands should not be given latitude on!).

The posts on here by those shooting the G44's are great. Reporting the good and the challenges. I appreciate the directness and feedback on their experiences, good and bad.

Glock doesn't need our defense or excuses. And there are clearly problems. I know they will work to resolve them.

But excessive glee at the failures and excessive justification and defense of the issues are the biased extremes. We can't have it both ways. This Glock (like other competitive brands) has to stand on its own two feet. Most knew .22lr was going to be fussy and tricky, and we need to keep that in perspective, too.

Let's mock Glock, just as we mock SIG. Rainbow SIG's are examples of marketing run amok! "Legendary" and outlandish projected reliability claims for the G44 are Glock's marketing doing similarly goofy stuff!

19glock84 likes this.
  15. wlkjr

wlkjr

Whiners gonna whine. And mostly from folks who never owned one. Their only joy is to low rate a product

1911junkee, WheelsUp, domino1 and 2 others like this.
  16. Burien

Burien

God Bless America! We have the coolest chit, Folks, if you don't know it by now, these are "the good old days" of guns, ammo and freedoms, we can always nit-pick and complain, but if you're not enjoying the current state of supply and price reasonableness, no one to blame when and if it changes tomorrow. Get out there and have some fun Today!

ExecutiveWill, HEXE9, Eagle1 and 2 others like this.
  17. fasteddie565

fasteddie565 Combat Diver

The unsung hero in my safe is the S&W M&P 22 lr Compact. A great pistol, has never failed and POA=POI. Many a possum has met its fate to the pistol.

18. 303_enfield

303_enfield

19. Eagle1

Eagle1 Oh glockaholic!

I bought one Saturday and am anxiously awaiting my range trip with it. I will try multiple different grain/brands to see how it does. Either way, it is a glock and is a great training companion to the 19 any way you put, it is a neat gun.. Even if mine need some factory attention, glock will make it right if there is a recall in the future...

20. SARDG

SARDG Florida's Left Coast

Hmmm... you can be fairly certain that there will never be a recall. An update, perhaps?