Featured G44 KABOOM

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DirectDrive, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Toocool45

Toocool45

Mine worked better loading only 9 rounds in the magazine. It was ammo spilled out of the factory box into a box. Been there years. No kaboom, for me yet but it ftf a few times and fte a couple also. But its really accurate, at 7 yards its shooting very well. A nickle or quarter group is doable, or smaller, hand held for a magazine. 25 yard headshots with 5 shots are doable, hand held too. And thats with crappy old ammo. And a horrible heavy glock trigger. Im not complaining, but it needs breaking in. Mines a keeper.

fasteddie565 likes this.
  2. JBP55

JBP55

I thought the same thing when I watched the video.

3. JBP55

JBP55

littletank, Garbage In = Garbage Out.

4. littletank

littletank

That is very true, however, it is good to know what works and what doesn't..

5. maslin

maslin

I've been shooting .22s for 25 years, had plenty fail to chamber, none have been set off by the slide pushing on the round. If the slide is setting the round off on the way in something is very very wrong.

I even had a first-generation P22 for many years, never blew it up. Hundreds of rounds at a time without cleaning. I left it with a friend when I moved many years ago, I'm sure he would have told me if it came apart on him.

MikeG36, pgg00 and Doc Holliday like this.
  6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

7. B C

B C

72Cheyenne likes this.
  8. MikeG36

MikeG36 Have Gun Will Travel

LOL!! :laughabove: Been a looong day today. That made it better.

9. kernal_panic

kernal_panic

this.i broke in my 92fs conversion with a stick.

PM720 likes this.
  10. SARDG

SARDG Florida's Left Coast

The slide is steel with polymer overlay.

Mike-M likes this.
  11. SARDG

SARDG Florida's Left Coast

A portion of the upper part and most of the lower part of the slide including the rail cuts is steel.

12. billy b

billy b

I would like to clear up my comment about Winchester 22 ammo. I shot a lot of 222s, 333s, 555s, bulk older ammo. its the newer stuff. M22s, tiger cats. those were bad. ended up giving unused away.
    my TX-22 that some rag on will shoot ANYTHING I put in it. not one problem in over 2500 rounds with at least 10 different mostly bulk rounds. as I've said before, I am not a Taurus fan. but, got to give credit where credit is due.

13. Neal

Neal Millennium Member

Because of all these problems reported with the G44, I gave the Taurus a look. Read the article on them in a 2018 issue of The American Rifleman. Bench rested at 25 yards the best 5 shot groups with 3 different kinds of ammo were all over 2.5 inches. That is horrible accuracy for a 22 LR.

14. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

That can be attributed to a bad run of barrels with chattering...the new barrels don't have those problems.

Intolerant and trigger19isbest like this.
  15. billy b

billy b

I do my bench shooting at 20 yards. the TX-22 averages 2 to 2 1/2 at that distance. it feels like a 9mm. I really like the grip on it. I thought it was light at 17 0z. the 44 is even lighter. yikes

16. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

If the slide returning sets off rounds and creates OOB situations, the lawyers will have this model off the streets lickity split. I don't think that will prove to be the final scenario, but that would be a safety issue that couldn't be ignored. Liability and risk would trump all other variables.

It may be as simple as Glock needing to refine the magazine to better guide the ammo (no "nose up" misfeeds, no risk of setting off a rimfire, etc.). There are so many possible variables, it is impossible to know.

The expectation of this gun being as reliable as other Glock's was ridiculous. It is weak, rimfire ammo, and it just can't be. It also won't "eat everything I feed it", as .22lr varies greatly in quality and power. Glock needs a chance to have some time to sort things out. We shall see where we are in a few months.

It is WAY too early to dismiss it as a failure, let's give Glock a chance to remedy this. But it certainly isn't anything remotely approaching what was hyped (we won't see any "Legendary" ads running for a while, I'd wager!).

I wasn't in a hurry to get one (it just doesn't wow me), but now I probably wouldn't choose to let my children even shoot one (why throw potential issues that can impact range safety into the mix if not needed, even if it is as simple as excessive FTF's?).

Mike-M and PM720 like this.
  17. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Scratch that... I just noticed the Glock ad "Plinker Perfect" is still scrolling across the top of this forum. ;)

18. Bow Commander

Bow Commander

Truer words.... Mini mags have been by FAR the best round out of my semiauto .22's

Bomber Nav, maslin and PM720 like this.
  19. Out West

Out West

I'd like to see results for the G44 with the same test parameters. My guess is that it doesn't do much better.

Intolerant and Terry G like this.
  20. Av8rTim

Av8rTim

Seems lots of comments here with details about 40 gr and 36 gr bullets with some issues with the 36 gr rounds. That mirrors a YouTube review I watched where it was stated the G44 did t like 36 gr. Heavier or lighter was fine just not 36 gr. This seems odd to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intolerant, Glockster00 and Out West like this.